Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After Market Ipod Module - Problems

I fitted an after market Iphone interface, so that i could access my music, to my RX 300 sat nav 2005 . Fitting was pretty straightforward the input from the adapter replaces the standard disc input however, once I started the car I had lost all climate controls, reversing camera, satnav, eml light was on as was the asc. At first I thought I must have accidentally disconnected some wiring or blown the cpu!! I turns out that by disconnecting the disc input/output cable it disabled all of the above.

Has anybody found an interfcae that works, (not the dummy cassette or fm transmitter route though!)

Thanks for any advice

imo the Vais units are the best for iPod in Lexus, though they do cost more than other units that simply don't work, or don't work half as well......

Have a look here, esp. at the MML unit which will work with your car.........

http://www.vaistech.com

.....as set out here:

http://www.vaistech.com/manuals/SL3i%20SL3U%20MML%20Application%20Guide.pdf

hth

M

I fitted the MML to my GS450, and have never looked back. There are a few limitations depending on model/age, but it will work for you, and not cause the issues you report above

• Like 1

Tony,

Ordered direct from Vaistech in the USA - contacted the named guy by email first. He was very helpful and posted it off really quickly. Several members on here have done the same. You will end up paying custom charges, which puts the price up by circa another £50! imo worth it because it works and is integrated. Using the MML my iPod control is all via the steering wheel or nav unit switches :) Do a web search for Vais MML to read reviews and feedback on their units.

In all it took about 12 days for it to arrive. Fitting is straightforward if you are handy - I managed to do it myself!!

Post back if you do decide on the MML - you'll get good advice on here about fitting and where to place it...

• Like 1

The device I fitted was called a connects2 iPod interface. It turns out that they forgot to enclose the "y" lead which maintains continuity of the circuit to the rest of the centre console! Once I got that it works very well iPod is controlled from the audio controls and or the steering wheel controls

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links