Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 's'?

Hi, oppertunity has come up to purchase a cheap is200 but I only have basic information about it currently.

It come up on car checks a IS200 'S'?

I have only seen SE and Sports for sale, is the S even lower than an SE and if so what differences will it NOT have?

Thanks

Between 1999 and 2001 there were three grades:

IS200 S

IS200 SE

IS200 Sport

With the facelift in September 2001 the grades were renamed:

IS200

IS200 SE

IS200 Sport

The S, compared to the SE, doesn't have a sunroof, leather, heated front seats (not really needed with cloth), headlamp washers, electric drivers seat and front windscreen de-icer. The S also only has a 6 speaker audio system, without a separate amp, and 16" wheels rather than 17" which are on the other grades.

Between 1999 and 2001 there were three grades:

IS200 S

IS200 SE

IS200 Sport

With the facelift in September 2001 the grades were renamed:

IS200

IS200 SE

IS200 Sport

The S, compared to the SE, doesn't have a sunroof, leather, heated front seats (not really needed with cloth), headlamp washers, electric drivers seat and front windscreen de-icer. The S also only has a 6 speaker audio system, without a separate amp, and 16" wheels rather than 17" which are on the other grades.

Thanks for the quick reply. Considering I was looking forward to the missing features ill give it a miss :D

I chose to buy the 'S' new, and still have it. The major benefit is another inch of headroom because of no sunroof. The other benefit is a slightly softer ride because of the smaller wheels and higher profile tyres, albeit at the loss of some steering response.

But it all depends what is important for you as the purchaser.

It's kind of a hidden feature. Only the very bottom black-coloured part of the screen where the wipers are parked is heated. It should work in conjunction with the heated rear screen/door mirror switch.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links