Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed Please

socks

Hi,

I drive a Altezza RS200.

Coming home today, I selected 3rd gear to pass a car out, reved car out in 3rd to about 6500rpm and then pulled 4th.

As I gave her the power again the car kinda popped out of 4th and went straight to limiter itself for about 3 secs. The engine light then came on and the engine died. I free-wheeled to a stop and pulled in. Then I tried to start the car again. It started for about 2 secs and goes to about 3000rpm itself and then cuts out without touching accelerator. Have tried to start car a number of times but it keeps doing the same thing.

Kinda s**t myself..still shaking. Can anyone please help me out or put me out of my misery??

any info/suggestions much appreciated.

No other light came on except for engine light. It came on when it happened and it is still on every time I start the car now.

I have tried pulling the 2 fuses out to reset. Pulled them out only for a minute or so..do I need to pull them out for longer?

the accelerator pedal feels ok kind of felt something when it revved out its self the gear change feels ok to never check if there was any oil los it was dark to and had no torch had to leave at near by pub will bring her home tomorow my friend thinks it may be throttle body or a sensor maybe

I had this exact same problem on an old RS turbo.

Hit the limiter- engine light on- wouldn't run properly. If I touched the accelerator pedal it died again.

Found the fault by accident. It was a relay under the bonnet which had a cracked circuit board inside that kept blowing a fuse.

Replaced fuse and changed relay and was fine after that.

Sorry thats not much help. I dont know what fuse or relay it was....

still no further foward today dident get much of a chance to check everything but thanks all the same for ur replys any other sugestions of things to check could be very helpfull

thanks in advance

soxs

Try and find the diagnostics socket in the engine bay. Look to see if terminals E1 and TE1 are there (there will be a space but there may not be a pin in the hole). If they are there, turn on the ignition and then short the two pins together with a piece of wire. The engine check light should then flash to tell you the error code.

• 4 weeks later...

at last found out what happened my tezza.

After four weeks of suffering and waiting and mechanic trying every thing else he finally found out that a small spring inside throttle body at the back of the cogs had broke and jamed throttle full open...the little fe*ker. The guy doing the work says he might be able hoke and poke around for one from another car but i would rather get the right one to be on the safe side. so was wondering if any of u helpful guys out there would have any bits or bobs like this knocking about. smashed or broken throttle bodys as i dont want to buy a full throttle body, just for a spring. If no one has a spring do you know how much i would pay roughly for a full throttle body?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Glad you sorted your problem matie!!!

I remember pricing up a throttle body a couple of moths ago and i think you would be looing at a few hundrer quid....

Why not try doing a search on Yahoo for Import breakers yards and if they have a throttle body ( which i would think they do ) get the spring outta one....

That way you`ll save a fortune.. :ohmy:

• 3 weeks later...

At last, got my baby back and she is flying! Check out link below

Got a spring and motor for throttle body from other lexus' and got sorted out ok in end up without having to buy new parts. Cleared alll errors on brain and going tops now - better than ever.

check it out (at maiden city cruise 6 derry)

Quick Time Movie File (.mov) Right click save target as!

altezza havin fun!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links