Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Battery Went Dead! Replacement?

Hi folks!

Ive been noticing for the past couple of days my IS250 cranking longer than usual when starting up. This afternoon it didnt have enough power to start so had to jump start it which means finding a replacement Battery for the current Panasonic one. Any tips or suggestions for batteries and where to get them?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bosch from Euro Car Parts or Carparts4less (same (ie it's the same place!) as ECP but cheaper and may not sell as wide a range). Sorry - don't know the code for the IS200 fitment.

I went straight to Lexus Reading, well looked after by a very pretty receptionist with coffee etc and before I cpuld finish the coffee the car was all done. 4 year guarantee. Mike,

Thanks for your replies, will try and get a quote from Lexus tomorrow and post the outcome here. Ive been browsing on the various websites (eurocarparts, gsf,etc) and ive noticed that if I change the car description from IS250 to IS220D it shows more Battery types. Is there a difference between the two in terms of Battery types?

Yes. Diesels need a much bigger Battery (higher capacity (more amp hours), more cranking amps and bigger dimensions). Apart from costing more, I don't think a diesel's Battery will fit in the petrol's Battery space. And a petrol Battery will not last long in a diesel.

Thanks for the reply johnatg. Contacted Lexus Leicester and Derby in the morning and got the same quote from both:

Lexus Battery part £88.80 inc VAT

Fitting is an extra £20.00

Will try and pop in tomorrow to get it sorted. Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks for the reply johnatg. Contacted Lexus Leicester and Derby in the morning and got the same quote from both:

Lexus battery part £88.80 inc VAT

Fitting is an extra £20.00

Will try and pop in tomorrow to get it sorted. Thanks for all your replies.

Same price for Battery but they never charged me for fitting. At least you get the job done well first time. Mike.

Been to Lexus Leicester on Friday. Warm welcome from staff and offered free visual check and car wash which I politely refused as I was in a hurry. 20 minutes and a cup of coffee later, car was ready. I must note that the prices I've written in my previous post are incorrect as I was charged £95 including VAT and labour. (without labour is £88.80 inc VAT).

I've also noticed that my radio stations and Bluetooth settings were saved after the Battery change, apart from the GPS saved destinations.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links