Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ride Quality

Funkyboy

Hi All,

I've read on this forum that the ride quality is quite hard. I've also found posts that say post 2012 cars are better. Did the ride quality improve and if so what year/spec did this happen with?

Thanks

i used to have a ct luxury on a 61 plate with 17" wheels,

the ride was firm and also comfortable, after a 2 hour drive

i never felt stiff and achey

other members have said the 16" wheels give a softer ride

and apparently better mpg as well

at the end of the day its down to personal preference.

I had a 24 hour test drive in a 2015 ct200h premier and found the road harsh in comparison to my is200d, and very harsh in comparison to my old 2003 camry and the is300h, which I also did a 24 hour test drive on.

The salesmans best advise was to drive slowly over speed humps, which felt like you were climbing over and landing on the other side of - the same humps calmly absorbed in my camry at 35mph.

The pre-release press vehicles in 2010 got a bad review so the suspension was slightly modified before first customer vehicles arrived in Feb 2011. Since then the only significant suspension revision came with the facelift model in March 2014. As others have stated the smaller wheels ofter better comfort as the higher profile tyre absorbs more of the bumps.

The harshness is really a personal thing so best to test drive some, and it is the rear passengers that feel the worst so put someone in the back on a test drive.

Yes, the ride is harsh IMO. I'm on 16" wheels and its "just" acceptable for me, and pretty poor up against its competitors. For me its not just that its a bit firm, but that it bumps and crashes around to much.

I drive quite a few hire cars so get a good back to back comparison, and it lags behind the Golf, A3, Astra, BMW 1 series, Focus, but of course its all subjective and down to personal taste. My last car was a Volvo V60 in R-design spec - that was really awful, and everybody who rode in it said the same

The ride is harsh over rough roads especially on 17" wheels. I swapped mine for 16" with some Firestones and there was a significant improvement though the ride is not exactly luxurious. One other thing though, the seats are extremely good. I came to the CT after two IS's and find the CT seats far more comfortable.

I recently acquired a new 2015 CT, and spec-ed a downgrade to 16" on the basis of the many reviews I read. Consensus seems to be ride is better on the post-facelift ones, better still on 16" wheels, but still not on par with the class leaders.

FWIW, I think the ride's pretty good on mine, so would recommend the downgrade to 16". It's certainly better than my old 2011 Prius ever was.

17" wheels on cars of this size are absurd.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links