Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid Battery Repairs On Ebay

This may have been posted before and I personally have no experience with them but you don't see too many companies that do these repairs. £750 is a lot of mo eye but still a fraction of what Lexus dealer would charge.

Here's the link if anyone wants to investigate.

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/111811498666

LEXUS GS 450H HYBRID HV Battery SUPPLY + FIT SERVICE REPAIR RE-CONDITIONED

Carl

Well that's a little more promising for those that may require this service.

It's good to see that repairing these cars is becoming realistic now and not a deal breaker on higher mileage vehicles starting to appear more often now they have been around a few years.

Be interesting to know what is actually involved.I've seen the write up of the guy (may be the same one) who completely strips down the Battery pack and tests each cell.

Apparently performance fall of is due to the reaction of different metals between the cells and connection straps.

Not much of a warranty with 6 months/6000 miles considering the packs tend to last years when new.

Hello Chaps

Just to help de mystify (as much as i can)

I hope this reply is acceptable & within the rules, the process i adopt is a diagnostic under load to reveal any weakening cell modules GS Battery consists of what is called "Battery blocks" which are linked by copper busbars - a Battery block consists of two modules, each module has 6 cells within its construction each cell is 1.2Volts so the maths stack up as follows,

GS 450h has 20 Battery blocks which = 40 modules = 240cells @ 1.2Volts = 288 Volts which is easily deadly i am afraid so if your not electrically qualified to HV standards & technically - mechanically minded please please do not risk it.

Weakened modules are replaced by modules I have reconditioned, links are removed & cleaned where required & re-installed then the whole pack is balanced & put through my process which restores as much capacity as is possible ( I researched & developed this process myself over several years ) I guarantee my work too 1yr 10,000miles :lookaround:

Last things to add are it's also my hobby & I love my GS :geek:

• Like 3

I saw my Battery indicator turn green the other day, for only the second time since owning the car. I'd been to Burnley for the morning and decided to go to the top of Crown Point to eat my lunch, whilst admiring the view over Pendle. When I set off down the hill the indicator was blue, a couple of bars from the top. By the time I got to the bottom the indicator had turned green and stayed green until I got to the M65, three miles away.

Do other people see green more often or is it unusual to have a fully charged Battery?

I saw my battery indicator turn green the other day, for only the second time since owning the car. I'd been to Burnley for the morning and decided to go to the top of Crown Point to eat my lunch, whilst admiring the view over Pendle. When I set off down the hill the indicator was blue, a couple of bars from the top. By the time I got to the bottom the indicator had turned green and stayed green until I got to the M65, three miles away.

Do other people see green more often or is it unusual to have a fully charged battery?

Under certain driving conditions I have seen the green bar maybe as much as once a week.

However the general position of bars attends to be two or three from the top which seems to be normal.

I've driven the new shape CT & IS and they were no different so I'm confident that mine behaves exactly as it should.

• Like 1

Hello Chaps

Just to help de mystify (as much as i can)

I hope this reply is acceptable & within the rules, the process i adopt is a diagnostic under load to reveal any weakening cell modules GS battery consists of what is called "battery blocks" which are linked by copper busbars - a battery block consists of two modules, each module has 6 cells within its construction each cell is 1.2Volts so the maths stack up as follows,

GS 450h has 20 battery blocks which = 40 modules = 240cells @ 1.2Volts = 288 Volts which is easily deadly i am afraid so if your not electrically qualified to HV standards & technically - mechanically minded please please do not risk it.

Weakened modules are replaced by modules I have reconditioned, links are removed & cleaned where required & re-installed then the whole pack is balanced & put through my process which restores as much capacity as is possible ( I researched & developed this process myself over several years ) I guarantee my work too 1yr 10,000miles :lookaround:

Last things to add are it's also my hobby & I love my GS :geek:

I think that sounds like good advice. I personally am quite confident with general mechanics but I wouldn't want to meddle with the hybrid system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links