Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From A Prospective Rx300 Owner

abecketts

Evening from mid Wiltshire, all being well trading out a merc estate for a 2004 Rx300. The car is a 1 owner, full history including all bills, the only issues I can find are the power boot closer not working (no big deal as I have hands) and the drivers door electric window switches don't work. I would appreciate any additional guidance on what to look for, if all goes according to plan Monday will be the decision day.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

I cant help with your present queries
but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

I've heard of problems with the power boot closure system before, if you have a search you may find the cure on the forums ( if I get the time I'll have a look for you)

Regarding the windows just check the driver's over ride button hasn't been pushed in as this disables all the other windows, plenty of breakers around for a secondhand switch block which is probably the cause.

Re the boot problem or trunk as the Americans call it.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/73214-power-liftgate-tailgate-problem-and-fix-with-pics/

The windows

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and the responses are much appreciated, I expect the dealer will sort the window problem, I will have to creep up on the boot closure one. Will advise if ownership comes to pass.

Personally I'd want everything sorted before I bought.

( Dealers can lose interest after a sale ).

What's the mileage on it, has it had all the 'big service' jobs done?

Maybe get in taken to a Lexus dealer for 'free safety check' first?

Good luck - love my RX!

Personally I'd want everything sorted before I bought.

( Dealers can lose interest after a sale ).

What's the mileage on it, has it had all the 'big service' jobs done?

Maybe get in taken to a Lexus dealer for 'free safety check' first?

Good luck - love my RX!

This is my view too Paul. The Dealer is responsible and will be pleased to please you in order to make the sale.

Regards

John

Very pleased with the car, small issue with the invoice which is suggesting the transaction was a trade sale, having got the original advert and with two of us at the point of sale no mention of trade sale. I have written advising trader that transaction is covered by consumer rights legislation that came into force on 1st October.

Any issues and I'll be onto trading stds.

As for the car most impressed, high quality components and good road feel if you know what I mean.

Very pleased with the car, small issue with the invoice which is suggesting the transaction was a trade sale, having got the original advert and with two of us at the point of sale no mention of trade sale. I have written advising trader that transaction is covered by consumer rights legislation that came into force on 1st October.

Any issues and I'll be onto trading stds.

As for the car most impressed, high quality components and good road feel if you know what I mean.

For my own peace of mind, I would write ( and email as well ? ) - make it special-delivery - clarifying that it was not a 'trade sale'.

Assuming it wasn't? If the price was very low, maybe it was, else, if you believe it wasn't, it wasn't.

Did you sign the 'invoice'?

Keep the Ad in a safe place.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=79712

:geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links