Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Is That For Good Service?

For the past week or so, my car had been struggling to start after sitting more than a couple of hours. I would press the start button as per normal, and the dash would lit up but I would not get the READY prompt. The READY prompt would only appear after repeating the procedure a couple of times.

Two days ago, I got the car booked in for next Tuesday, as no courtesy car is available until then.

This morning, it took no less than 5 attempts to start the car, which suggested that a breakdown might be imminent. I therefore made a detour via my local dealer on my way to work, and expressed my concerns, worried that I have to leave at 5am tomorrow for North London and also that I have a very busy weekend ahead.

Without any argument, my keys were taken off me, and I was offered a cup of coffee, a newspaper and a comfy seat, all with a smile and a kind word, while a technician took the car in for diagnostics.

The general manager walked past, enquired as to what I was waiting for and spontaneously offered to borrow a demonstrator/staff car, should they need to keep mine in.

Within half an hour, my keys were returned to me with the confirmation that the Battery was at fault - as suspected - and that it had been replaced free of charge, under instructions of the general manager.

This is the type of service I consistently receive from Lexus Southampton / Hedge End. This is why I have bought two cars from them, and will be buying my next one from them also.

The cynics amongst you will no doubt point out that I have most probably paid for the Battery through inflated service costs etc., but I don't agree and to some extent don't care. I am happy to pay that little bit extra knowing that in times of need, I will be looked after.

To all at Lexus Southampton / Hedge End, thank you. Again. Top quality service. Again.

• Like 3

I wish I could say the same of Lexus Manchester, who sold me a car with a hole in the exhaust (that they initially refused to replace) and wheels so badly corroded that I'm going to have to have them refurbished to stop the tyres deflating.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links