Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advise Mk1 Gs300

jweaseyp

I just bought my first mk 1 gs300 and I'm over the moon with it but it still had its issues which I'd like to get sorted the window are all working but have issues, there not working for the passengers only from the drivers controls and it is also misfiring, my plan is to change the dizzy cap, rotor ht leads and plugs would any of you know a good supplier for the south west? Cheers jordan

Hi Jordan and welcome to the LOC, we are a
friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and
put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer
left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins
looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Hi Jordan and welcome to the club.

I would suggest, if it hasn't been done recently, a full service including a new set of plugs, at least then if the misfire is still present you have a sound base to work from. As the plugs aren't cheap they sometimes get overlooked on a service but could be a potential cause of the misfire.

You could easily source the correct plugs online, eBay for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-3-0-NGK-LASER-IRIDIUM-SPARK-PLUGS-x6-01-00-04-05-IFR6T11-4589-/130662114817?hash=item1e6c11a601:m:mgeFL8kO2jPV2wEy9iP8KEg

Also check for any water in the plug wells. Easily done by over enthusiastic cleaning or work on the cooling system.

Keep in mind the plug change is not as simple as most cars as the inlet manifold doubles back over the top of the engine. Some extra stuff has to come off to get to all the plugs.

• Like 1

Yeah I gave it a look over earlier and think I'll get the parts and take it all off give in the throttle body a clean all around the plugs and air filter change it all and hopefully that will solve those problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links