Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cat Back Exhaust

Hi David.

I don't believe there were any changes to the exhaust layout from the 08 model to the last models sold??

Pretty sure you can get any of the usual setups to fit your 13 model, but probably worth checking with the seller/manufacturer to be 100% certain. :)

If you go with H&S, they would build the system to fit your car from scratch anyway. That way the fit and finish will be spot on.

Good luck! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The h&s is a dual system. It removes the muffler boxes in the rear section of the exhaust and replaces the stock back boxes with smaller ones. I believe the American systems have a 'x' pipe that the h&s system does not.

Thanks for the info Stuart. I wonder how much of a difference the x pipe makes in overall noise. H&S are quite far away from me so I'll probably end up using a local exhaust place which comes recommended from a fair few local petrolheads. Will have to do some research to find a setup that provides the right balance of noise without causing any drone in the cabin.

Does H&S setup not have any kind of crossover or connector between the two pipes?

Nope, there is a discussion about this on the American site and apparently the cross over helps with HP but I don't think there is much in it at all. May be a back pressure thing?

Yup, various views on back pressure loss depending on the type of pipe. X pipe loses the most, h pipe less and none from straight pipes I believe.

Does the H&S system get rid of the secondary cats? The JoeZ setup seems to remove them and has a pair of small resonators there instead.

Hi Gib,

My H&S system included removal of the secondary cats, and replacement with two small silencers after I deemed it too loud and drowny! ;)

Think I am the only one running this setup so far?

Passed it's MOT with flying colours on the sniff test, so I can confirm it will be fully compliant of you fitted the same as me. :)

Thanks for the info Peter. Do you have any pictures of what your current setup looks like? I've got photos of the Borla, JoeZ, ISS Forged and the GReddy systems, planning to have a long chat with my mechanic and the local exhaust place once I've bought my ISF.

Not at the moment I'm afraid! :(

I can probably sort some out for you when the car is next at SRD though? Need the suspension raised slightly along with some other work they are doing for me. :)

When are you thinking of buying your F? Soon I am guessing??

That would be great, cheers. I'm viewing a fellow forum members car soon with plans to purchase it at the end of the month. Need to sell my current car (Mitsubishi Galant VR4) first and whilst it's not as rare as a ISF it's still not that common. I'm hoping I don't have any issues selling it, wrong time of year to be selling a car.

Spent way too much time watching the exhaust video from the Bluewater meet plus the individual videos from you guys (Peter and Stuart) over the past few days. Must have watched each video back 15 times so far!

Stuart - did your H&S setup still have the secondary cats?

Gib - it did yes. The system was from the secondary cats back. On the stock system the pipes join but the h&s system is a dual system from the bottom of the headers back. Pete had the same system but without the secondary cats and it was epic but brutal and Pete ended up having two small silencers re-installed where the second cats were.

When I went to h&s I asked for a system that sounded great under acceleration, burbled at idle and didn't drone at motorway cruising and I thing that's exactly what the system does. Cold starts are epic but your neighbours will hate you if it's a daiky. They can install a valved system at a bit of extra cost (you will need to ask about cost) which I would do if it was my daily.

It will be a daily and keeping the neighbours happy is high up on the list along with no droning. Looks like I'll have to keep the secondary cats then.

I would seriously consider a valved system then.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links