Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mud Guards

Urgh. Mud guards ruin every car they sit on. Id rather clean the car more often

Not having them does have its advantages too - the amount of spray the IS throws out on the motorway helps to keep the tailgaters at bay

• Like 1

I fitted a full set at the weekend and it was a very easy job, the only thing is you have to remove the back wheel in order to drill one small hole in the bumper lip.

I personally don't think it spoils the look of the car and you can buy them as either a front set or a back set from Lexus which is handy. It think the full set will cost you about £80 but then I got my gold member discount off of that to which brought the price down.

I do like the look of them and given the motorway miles I do my thinking is that it will limit the gunge that collects on the bumper behind the wheels after each and every journey at the moment. My last car didn't seem to suffer as much and it was white... So it sounds like £80 ish and some minor drilling. I'll give it some thought!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fitted a full set at the weekend and it was a very easy job, the only thing is you have to remove the back wheel in order to drill one small hole in the bumper lip.

I personally don't think it spoils the look of the car and you can buy them as either a front set or a back set from Lexus which is handy. It think the full set will cost you about £80 but then I got my gold member discount off of that to which brought the price down.

Any pics would be appreciated!

• Like 1

For the front and rear mud flaps, got the from the "official Lexus shop" on eBay. They were around £44 front and same for the rear.

Body side mouldings were from Sewell Lexus in Dallas Texas, but I think they have closed their online shop. I picked up the body body mouldings for $97, also matched colour door edge protectors for $84, front door sill trims for $102 and a clear adhesive strip for the top of the rear bumper for $43.

Part numbers in order

PR29A-00120-01 WX02E00

PT936-53140-AN01J00

67911-53050 WW02C03

PT747-53050 SD02J10

Please note that the side mouldings and door edge protectors part numbers are for the Mercury Grey paintwork.

There's a couple of pics in my profile that show the sill plates and door edge protectors

Each to their own but I prefer a clean look hence no mudguards (ever) don't care what car it is and no add on door sill protectors or anything like that

The only thing I allow is a rear bumper guard

Frankly I don't get how they help either. They just trap muck inside them and it's something extra to dress/polish esp with the IS being a pain to polish in the first place

• Like 1

Each to their own but I prefer a clean look hence no mudguards (ever) don't care what car it is and no add on door sill protectors or anything like that

Frankly I don't get how they help either. They just trap muck inside them and it's something extra to dress/polish esp with the IS being a pain to polish in the first place

I tend to agree that mud flaps can spoil the look especially if they are on the large side and are in contrast to the paint work colour, but as my colour is darkish grey, they do blend in and don't stand out too much. For the body mouldings, I think the IS can look a bit slab sided and the mouldings break up the tall door panels.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree that mud flaps can spoil the look especially if they are on the large side and are in contrast to the paint work colour, but as my colour is darkish grey, they do blend in and don't stand out too much. For the body mouldings, I think the IS can look a bit slab sided and the mouldings break up the tall door panels.

Has anyone thought of painting them to match the body colour? Is it possible?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links