Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Satnav Questions

Hello all. This is my first posting and have looked for the answers on the forum but cannot seem to find any.

I have a late (Oct) 2008 RX400H and wanted to know if it is possible to overide the satnav destination lock when moving.

Also is there any way of showing road speed limits on the screen? My old Tom Tom has this facility and it just seems strange that a high quality car such as this doesn't.

Hoping someone can help and I look forward to some replies.

Many thanks

I think you may be referring to the inability to enter a destination whilst in motion ? As I understand it, this is a safety feature and cannot be overridden, though later versions were indeed more user friendly. Hope that helps.

The satnav in the 400h does not support speed limit display. However, later versions of your satnav disks include a software update that removes the lock/safety feature you are referring to.

This is discussed in various posts in this forum, including this one:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/57553-satnav-and-cd-question/?hl=%2Bsatnav+%2Bsafety

I can confirm that since I fitted a 2015 sat-nav disk not only have some of the locks on the sat-nav inputs been removed, also there are more of the telephone inputs available.

Hope that helps.

Hi Gary, Ian, Daniel & Roger and many thanks for your help and advice.

I have to say that I am a little disappointed in the car's satnav with only 4 figure postcode input and also I seem to have great difficulty with my voice commands being understood, but at least the lady's voice

is a little more relaxing than Tomtoms!

I will contact Lexus and get a new satnav disc.

Does anyone know how often they are updated?

Again many thanks

Regards

Ray

I updated to the latest maps, not cheap £160, you could get a new TomTom with lifetime maps for the price. They come in a set of 4 discs but all have the whole of europe on at main road level just the area you are interested in has street level mapping. so western europe has all you will need for the UK and France and Spain etc. The map version is E1B 2015-2016 ver 1. The part no is PZ445-X03EU-01.

I would consider buying one on eBay.

You will find that a lot of Lexus drivers on the continent are not interested in the UK disks and therefore sell them on eBay for far less money than Lexus' retail price. If you are not fussed about getting the latest version, you can pick up disks that are a couple of years old for £20-£30. I bought one such disk from someone in Germany and others on this forum have done the same. Again, you will need to do a search... I remember some posts giving all the relevant details...

Yep, voice control in the 300/350/400h is pretty much useless. I never could get it to work properly either. Besides, it can take so long to work your way through all the prompts and menus that it is often quicker to just press the buttons yourself!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links