mattstheone

Hello i Am a Newbie to this site i am looking to buy a Lexus IS200SE

Second user around 2000 plate

what sort off things should i take notice of

a car with highmilage is that bad or not for a Lexus

Is it best to Buy from Lexus Dealer or not

Looking on the site there are general complaints on the Gearbox

is this a STD fault or not

As i will be leaving the world of STD motor car(Vectra) and going for somthing a bit special

i dont want to waste me money

PLEASE Help

also what are they like on the fuel costs ie MPG mainly motorway driving

from Birmingham to Coventry 5 Days a week

compared to a 1.8 Vectra

i know this might sound daft to some of u but its best to ask the guys that drive them rather than a dealer

Matt

i havnt had any probs with mine,touch wood,as with any car i would try to buy one with the lowest miles as poss.the cambelt needs changed at 100 thousand miles and thats costly through a dealer,as for the service costs as the higher milage goes on,you wont get as good fuel as the vectra,but you will get more looks and better driving,very nice motors mate,go for it :winky:

Wouldn`t change my Altezza for all the tea in China!! and i`m sure the all these is200 / is300 fellas feel the same about there cars.

End of the day, your going to buy a Lexus so i really wouldn`t be worried at all. Even if you get a gearbox which is a little "notchy" the rest of the car more than makes up for it.. Go for it mate, you`ll never look back

Wouldn`t change my Altezza for all the tea in China!! and i`m sure the all these is200 / is300 fellas feel the same about there cars.

End of the day, your going to buy a Lexus so i really wouldn`t be worried at all. Even if you get a gearbox which is a little "notchy" the rest of the car more than makes up for it.. Go for it mate, you`ll never look back

hi mate,ive always wondered,what does the tezza sound like compared to the IS, ;)

Alright mate

I have just spent 2 months searching for my 2nd is200 (my first was an insurance write off) have searched high & low every night on the net for the right car depends how much money you have to the ease of your buy ! I wanted a sport only, black or granite, the black ones are harder to come by, silver ones are plentiful and green ones seem a little cheaper ? I got a nice clean granite one, x reg with sat. nav, 50,000 miles for under 12 k it took some finding and I looked at a few cak ones .

Take your time

The lex dealers are very good , you will get a good car but expect to pay a grand for the priviledge

decide on spec, colour, age and set a max mileage

then be ready cos the good ones and bargains go pretty quick

Good Luck

you wont be dissapointed !!

Wouldn`t change my Altezza for all the tea in China!!  and i`m sure the all these is200 / is300 fellas feel the same about there cars.

End of the day, your going to buy a Lexus so i really wouldn`t be worried at all. Even if you get a gearbox which is a little "notchy" the rest of the car more than makes up for it..  Go for it mate, you`ll never look back

hi mate,ive always wondered,what does the tezza sound like compared to the IS, ;)

A bit more beefy mate.... especially at the higher revs..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links