Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just acquired RX450H

Grey RX

Hi all, Just acquired my first Lexus in the form of a used RX450H SEI  Grey in the sense of the car, and increasingly my hair.  Swapped after more than 10 years of Volvo ownership, although I still have one Volvo left.  Amongst other things, I ended up with the car because I didn't want a Diesel (Fuel of Satan, not ideal for short journeys, don't want to add to the horrendous pollution problem of diesel) which pretty much rules out a used Volvo, Merc, BMW etc. 

I'm really happy with the car overall so far.  Only niggles are I can't make any sense of the Satnav and get very inaccurate journey times when I do use it so I probably won't, plus I miss daytime running lights.  I'm a bit disappointed to discover I can't just leave the headlights switched on permanently so have had to make do with them on Auto.  I probably expected better economy too but will live with the 30mpg I'm getting.   

• Like 1

Hi Richard, unfortunatly i don't know anything about the RX450h either although my last car was the GS450h, you should be able the to have the headlights on without leaving them in Auto, have a closer look i think it has Off, running lights, head lights on, and Auto.

As for the fuel economy there is a technique on how to drive hybrids, i think its somewhere on the Lexus website, fairly quickly build up you speed, up to a max speed of 40 mph remove you foot from the gas peddle and immediately gently re apply. on a flatish road you should be able to keep the car at speeds up to 40 mph only using the batteries.

Hi Richard and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I cant help with your present queries but I'm sure someone will be along ASAP.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Chris, thanks for the pointer.  I'll check the website for driving technique.

On the headlights, I've spent more than 10 years not having to remember to turn the headlights on so have no intention of relearning. I was hoping just to leave the switch in the 'on' position, assuming they would turn off when the car is off. Unfortunately the sidelights stay on so that idea is no good.  Will just have to settle for Auto.  

8 hours ago, Grey RX said:

Thanks for the replies chaps. Chris, thanks for the pointer.  I'll check the website for driving technique.

On the headlights, I've spent more than 10 years not having to remember to turn the headlights on so have no intention of relearning. I was hoping just to leave the switch in the 'on' position, assuming they would turn off when the car is off. Unfortunately the sidelights stay on so that idea is no good.  Will just have to settle for Auto.  

You can leave them completely on and the sidelights will shut off after 20 minutes to preserve the Battery.

Id assume the sat nav time depends on the version of nav you have i.e older versions show shorter journey times sometimes due to the exponential increase we've had in traffic over recent years.

Also, the time is based on the current location so if you are in Hackney and want to go to Wembley it'll show something like 58 minutes. If you travel a mile and then realise you're in heavy traffic and you move about 2 miles in 30 minutes, chances are, it'll still show 55 minutes or so.

Its fairly accurate in free moving traffic to be honest.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links