Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

iPhone mirroring to navigation screen

Hi there,just wondering has anyone been able to mirror their Iphone to navigation screen here in the UK,I have a 2013 is300h with premium navigation and I'm only seeing info on this subject in the USA,if you can help me out with any advice would love to hear from you.👍🏻

Thanks dpj,not the news I wanted but it is what it is I guess,although I just seen an external box on YouTube that connects to navigation and mirrors the phone but has to be wired in and I'm not sure if that would cause other issues.

Well that eases the blow a bit,but would be nice to have the option,I'm now looking into other options where I get full mirroring but that means wiring into the navigation but I'm sure Lexus wouldn't like that very much and might go against my warranty 

I have looked into that approx 6 months in depth, the boxes that wires into the system is a wireless interface and not many people knows how to fit it in uk, in addition the amount of risk that involves as modern vehicles have advanced wirings that links to multiple ecus, it you tap into the wrong wire and it blows something, you are screwed. Lexus will tell you you warranty is voided and go on your bike, I have also asked abroad they mentioned that European and other Lexus vehicles systems or wiring maybe different so there are high risks in doing this. I have also made enquires with Lexus UK. Believe me, I have looked into this in depth but let me know if you have tried and succeed though.

Hi Crowe, I have done it and I think there is another thread from Bridgy (I think) on here who also worked it out. But there is an issue. If you take the foot brake off the screen goes blank. Not found a way around that.

Mark.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

it would be fair to expect that if you have something better you should be able to do more with it.

if it where said its only available on the premium nav and not the standard nav you wouldn't be surprised

but for it to be the other way round is crazy,the designers must of had too much rice wine that night

12 hours ago, MarksaCox said:

But there is an issue. If you take the foot brake off the screen goes blank. Not found a way around that.

One of the wires going into the Nav unit will be direct from the foot brake, if you figure out which one it is you can just disconnect it or put a switch in it. 

Not really looked at this much. But seen a link mirroring through AV/HDMI/Chromecast. But looks like it is controlled via the phone, which I think is a little disappointing. Wouldn't it be better for it to be controlled by the Lexus unit/controls? I guess the mirroring is just a one-way street?

David 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links