Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS450h rear passenger door fallen off!!

Hi all

Has anyone heard of the doors falling off a Lexus GS450h?

We bought the 450h used about a year and a half ago from a non Lexus dealer the rear passenger door has always been a really stiff to open and close but we didnt really think much about it. That was until this morning when we opened the door it seemed lose which surprised us then on further opening the whole door dropped and luckily enough we held on to it and managed to close it. I think the top hinge has gone but still held by the bottom hinge which is probably a bit twisted and broken now. We daren't open the door just in case the whole door falls to the ground!

Do you know if it would be best to take it lexus or back to the dealer we bought it from ? We've been told by this dealer that its no longer under warranty.

Liitle point going back to the dealer you bought it from so I would go direct to Lexus, also never heard of this happening before,sounds like a severe lack of hinge lubrication something that should be done every service but is rarely applied.

I went back to lexus today they never seen anything like it either but just told me to go to their recommended bodyshop ro get a quote for repairs!

Do you think i should write to lexus UK?

It's the bolt that goes throught the hinges that has snapped. The whole hinge has to be changed costing £230!

I have a 15yr old ford fiesta that still has its doors attached without ever needing lubrication!

Lexus pah!

As has been mentioned, I have never heard of one breaking but there's always a first for everything. Could have been a faulty bolt or perhaps as has been mentioned was damaged at some earlier date. Sounds a lot to fix, surely you can find a breakers yard with the bits you require and get it done. Is it just the bolt or the hinge part as well as I can't remember if that is welded on or bolted?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links