Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

My boot struts need replacing as the boot is very stiff to open and comes down very heavy and fast. 

Spoke to lexus and they want £277 to replace them, even he said that is crazy price for 2 struts, he gave me the part number 645530-53014

but not been able to find any.

Has anyone replaced these and if so do you know where to get them from?

I might have to just bite the bullet and go get it done at lexus.

Shame its not covered under the extended warranty

Kieron

Hi Kieron.

How about the States?

Guessing you could source a set from one of the breaker sites for a lot less?

Could probably help out with getting them here if needed?

Just a thought. :cool:

Hi Peter

Had a look over the last few days and can't even find any from the states.

i found a site in uk that does them for the is300 but it's a different part number so not sure if it will fit,

The part number for the isf is the same for the is250 so bit confused if the is300 is a different size strut as the part number is different.

Will keep looking on the us sites and hopefully a pair will come up. 

Many thanks

Kieron

If the part number is the same for both the IS250 and the ISF then you should easily be able to get a second hand pair from a breakers. 

There are a few 250s being broken that are relatively close to me and I need to ring the breakers for a numberplate plinth for a ClubLexus member in the states. Want me to ask for a price on the struts?

IS300 is different car. The IS250 should be the same. I've owned both IS250 and ISF and the ISF always dropped faster. Probably more weight with the spoiler.

Remembering back when my dad had a Hilman Imp estate and always carried a length of 2x1 for the same reason :)

52 minutes ago, kieron1977 said:

That would be great if you could.

Really appreciated 

Gave em a call, quoted me £35 for a pair collected. Listing is here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301363543081 

I should be in the area on the weekend so can collect them and post then on for you if you want. 

Not sure what happened with the link, I was using the eBay app. Proper weblink is here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-LEXUS-IS200-IS220-IS250-DOOR-HINGE-BOLT-SPARES-BREAKING-2005-2006-/301363543081?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item462aaabc29:g:TDsAAOSwr81UR6y~

Contact details are on the page.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links