Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pic Request - Gear Surround and Window Switches

Hello to all you lucky ISF owners.

I have an IS250 SE-L which has the horrid (IMO) walnut interior trims. I want to get them all tastefully wrapped to match the ISF as close as possible.

Could you please post some closeup pics of your gear surrounds and window switch trims (front & rear) please?

Also if anyone can recommend any wrap product that they already know matches well, please post links below.

Many thanks

Bill

I have the gear surround so I can start you off with that... Mine has the earlier slightly lighter silver carbon, late 2011 and on cars have a slightly darker carbon effect.

There are some threads on here that have some great close ups of the door switches as I know there are some who are swapping these for the darker grey carbon look. 

For info if you don't necessarily want a real carbon there are some great places like 'wicked coatings' who will hydrographic up your parts. They are getting some very impressive results as the technology develops. Might be worth a look, they will certainly be able to match the ISF 

link here

https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/hydrographics-projects-february-2016/eae844f3-835a-4f42-aeb0-4a3160c7732f1

image.png

image.png

Lovely thanks very much

I am toying with the idea of doing the wrap myself, but can't find the right wrap.

3M manufacture the best quality stuff but it has a Matt finish. Need a decent gloss finish like the ISF

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Billy,

Check out some of the pictures on here with my dark carbon skinned parts.

Difference is these are skinned in real carbon fibre, then sealed with clear coat to give the deep glossy finish you are looking for.

It's not a cheap job however, and the guy I have been using is very busy with other things.

He's had my centre console, ashtray lid, cup holder, and a replacement one-off centre air vent gauge holder since around October of last year! :wink3:

The results are worth the wait, but it all depends on how patient you are, and what you are looking to spend!

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links