Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A New Soarer

Rich

Hi,

I had to sell my last TT Soarer, but now (thankfully) I am looking for a new one- anyone seen a good one for sale in the Midlands (or beyond...) for around about £4000? My last one was a good price, so I know they are out there...

I am not fussy over the colour, so as long as it is in good condition I will be happy. I wonder how long it will take to get my hands on a good one again. I had a nice J reg with 100k on the clock, but the engine was clean and it purred beautifully. I knew I should have tried to sell my kidneys instead...

Anyone selling?

Rich

where in the midlands are you , give this guy a ring , 07985304832,his name is richard ,he drives a lovely white V8 which he might sell at the right price but he has always getting hold of soarers of one type or another ,he is situated between gloucester and tewksbury , tell him i put you on to him as i bought my sc400 from him

I drove Smiffies Loaded V8 around London today... very nice.. talk about loaded right up... it had everything! Liked feature was the electronic indicator stalk... weird getting used to that! Not sure if all v8 having the dimming rear view mirror.. nice touch!

I'm in Leamington Spa- near Birmingham. I was going to have a look at a place called 'World of Cars' in Birmingham, but I have spoken to people who say be very wary of Brum Import Dealers, they're all selling dogs. I have a nasty feeling this one used to be called something else and has 'changed hands'. I don't know.

I'm going to see one today that looks really nice from the photo and the dealer sounds really genuine. I would like to try out a V8, but I liked my fast TT so much, even if it didn't have all the toys.

Just revving up for looking properly now. Thanks for the info- will give 'Smiffie' a ring

Cheers

Rich

smiffie runs a soarer club TIF... he knows nearly anything you need about these fine motors.

I have seen these cars in person as I had a new cambelt fitted to my TT last thursday by smiffie's guys at the soarer sanctuary... the V8 is much smoother.. TT is mental (especially my manual)

I am no expert but seen in this weeks Solihull Times

Newbridge Motors Hall Green Birmingham - just up the road from L'spa

1993 2.5 - 86K £5,999.00 - advertised as ex doctors car (is that suposed to be good?)

They have a web site www.newbridgemotor.co.uk

Thanks again-

I am beginning to organise myself now, and will head out to Newbridge Motors, even though it's a bit more than I wanted to pay. Ex-doctors car? car used to be owned by a doctor, or he's been struck off?? :)

Smiffies seem to be worth a look. wonder how much he's looking for for his cars.

I need to hold myself back from buying the first one I see- take my time and get the right one.

Rich

Oooh yes, don't be tempted by the first one you see. I ended up looking at seven or eight, and was tempted by a maroon '91 TT for under £3K! Did consider it as a 'project' car but the guys here soon put me straight. A Soarer in bad shape will roger your bank account without a second glance! :shifty:

Settled on a '94 TT that I bought from a retired doctor. Spooky...! What is it with doctors & Soareres? :unsure:

I bought my first one from a (non-medical) doctor too! I think it must be a psoh-looking car, but it still goes quick, so they can get their thrills but still fit in with the mercs in the car park. Maybe?!

I did see a lovely one at a good price today and I am VERY tempted. I seriously do not think I will find another that good. Unfortunately I'll need to raise a little more cash if I want it, as he won't budge on the price, and to be fair, it's a good price. It had a lovely, very clean engine bay (but it really did not look steam-cleaned- looked like its supposed to look- nothing worn or patched up). The engine was very smooth, and I beleived the milage 100%.

Funny how if you go to a dealer you can just tell if you would buy from them. This guy sounded pretty genuine- sounded like you could trust him. Last week I was at another place, but wouldn't be happy at ALL buying off them. I know people can B.S. but you can still tell who is straight up most of the time.

Rich

all v8's have the soft touch indicator and washer stalks they can be a pain as its so easy to leave the indicators running as the beeper is so quiet, i think they all have the dimming r. v. mirror to i know mine has,

but it may be only on the gt limited , they also have a viabrator on the door mirrors to shake the rain off , these are just a small percentage of the refinements on the v8 against the tt , if i had wanted a frugaly equiped fast car i would have bought a ferrari, but i wanted comfort with a bit of grunt and thats what i get from the v8

True, the V8 has a lot more goodies than the TT, but then you can but a good TT for a fraction of the price of a Ferrari.

If you think the TT is frugal, you should try my Astra 1.4L - no aircon, no electric seats/mirrors, no power steering, just a radio (no cassette/CD), no remote boot release, no dusk sensing lights, no front fogs or turn lights, no central locking, no ABS, no electric windows ... ;)

i am possibly swapping my TT for a V8 for that refinement... will keep that for 1 year and prolly get something else.

Soarers hardly depreciate.. probably few hundred pounds a year... but keeping one tip top will still fetch fine money.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rich,

I am about to put my 91-H 2.5 TT soarer up for sale and I noticed you were recently looking for one. I'm about to advertise mine for £5,750 as they are rare as buggery up here but if you are interested I could maybe drop the price a little.

Anyway I live in Middlesbrough (in the grim north east!) so if you are still looking for one then get back to me and I will forward on some details & pics.

To be honest I would rather sell to someone who appreciates these fine machines than have endless boy racers phoning me up wanting to take it out for a test flight!!

Chris J. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links