Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 250 towbar

I am thinking of fitting a Lexus towbar to my 2014 IS 250. Does anyone have any photos showing one fitted.

I believe the bumper has to be cut. Does this look OK?

There is a photo in the IS brochure but not taken form a very good angle.

Any help is appreciated

i think your best bet is to make a call to a towbar installation firm and enquire about having a towbar fitted

and then ask them if the bumper needs to be cut

Hi Steve

From my investigation Lexus have tasked Westfalia to design and produce a towbar for the 3rd gen IS. Because of this it is not recognised by Westfalia dealers and seems to only be available as a Lexus part.

Having checked the Witter site they also do not list a towbar for the IS

I have seen a photo on the owners website of a bar fitted to an IS F but don't seem to be able to get any further photos.

Also found the fitting instructions on the lexuseurpope site and it does show a cut but I really wanted to see what it looked like in the flesh

Thanks for your reply

BobKel

Hi BobKel,

I have the Lexus towbar on my IS300h.  It is indeed a Westfalia unit, an is the same one as used for the 250 sans some minor installation details.

The bumper does have to be cut, but it is not in a visible area.  As the tow ball itself is detachable, you really cannot see that the car has a towbar installed.  It's actually a very nice piece of kit.

I cannot provide any pictures now, as I am at work, and the detachable tow ball is... detached.  I keep it in my trailer in my garage when not in use.  Can try to take a few pictures tonight, though.

-Tore

Hi Tore

Thanks very much for the reply. Sounds as though I may go for it.

Would really appreciate some pics if you can get some without too much trouble.

Nice to know someone else tows with an IS

Best regards

BobKel

Hi Tore

Thanks very much for the photos.

The installation does look very neat although the bumper on the 250 looks different to that fitted to the 300h.

probably to cater for the twin exhausts.

Nevertheless think the installation is not too obtrusive.

Again thanks very much for your replies.

Trust weather in Norway is not too cold

Very best regards

BobKel

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2016 at 6:00 AM, ToreOe said:

Hi BobKel,

I have the Lexus towbar on my IS300h.  It is indeed a Westfalia unit, an is the same one as used for the 250 sans some minor installation details.

The bumper does have to be cut, but it is not in a visible area.  As the tow ball itself is detachable, you really cannot see that the car has a towbar installed.  It's actually a very nice piece of kit.

I cannot provide any pictures now, as I am at work, and the detachable tow ball is... detached.  I keep it in my trailer in my garage when not in use.  Can try to take a few pictures tonight, though.

-Tore

Tore, what year is your 300H? I am not finding towbars for 2013- Is 300H, but you say yours was for Is 250.  I suspect there is little difference. I'm looking for a detachable for a 2014 300H F sport, I don't think it will be any different to fit to an F than an SE or Premier.

Hi Deezell,

My IS300h is a 2015.  The Lexus towbar kit is the same for 300h and 250, but wiring kits are different as is the template used when cutting the bumper.

You can download the installation manual from www.lexus-tech.eu. (go to "Owner", "Accessory installation manuals").  I believe the manual will tell you the part number for the towbar kit and wiring kit.

-Tore

• Like 1

Brilliant,  it's all there. Variations for Hybrid and F sport included. Good and fiddly, cutting,  drilling,  rust proofing,  sealing etc.  Not quite plug and play. Reminds me of when I put a detachable towbar on an Alfa GT.  

I'm getting prices of €626 for the towbar (Lexus/Toyota part no. PW9605300) and €260 for the wiring Kit,  (Lexus part no. PZ457C056400).  The Westfalia part number for the towbar in the Lexus installation instruction is 335-405 but I can't seem to find it in the Westfalia catalogue or in a search.  That's €900 just for the parts, probably VAT on top of those prices.  Installation would be €200 I'd imagine, though it's DIY-able.  I'll need to search a bit more before I commit, try and get an all in price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links