Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Evening all,

New to the forum and my second Lexus, just but a deposit down on a 2011 61 GS450h SE with 23k miles for £14,995 from a Lexus dealer.

In 2009 my first Lexus was a 08 220d sport manual, loved it. Since then I have had around 15 cars ranging from a mondeo to mercedes and even a new BMW 330d.

Any mods or improvments that can be done? please me know :)

Howard

Hi Howard and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

I have moved the duplicated post.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Hoenstly Howard, you will have to stick with cosmetic mods as these are naturally aspirated engines. Its tough getting an ECU remap as its locked down and even if you did, you'll see minimum gains.

You won't need to do any mods to the power side of things and to be honest there isn't many cosmetic changes to be made I only changed the light bulbs all to 6000k colour temp and tinted the Windows oh and upgraded the sat nav disc to 15/16 version

20160506_112924~2.jpg

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Hoenstly Howard, you will have to stick with cosmetic mods as these are naturally aspirated engines. Its tough getting an ECU remap as its locked down and even if you did, you'll see minimum gains.

Yes that's what I was thinking, I did do a little research and from what I gathered it's not worth doing 👍

1 hour ago, stormcracker said:

You won't need to do any mods to the power side of things and to be honest there isn't many cosmetic changes to be made I only changed the light bulbs all to 6000k colour temp and tinted the Windows oh and upgraded the sat nav disc to 15/16 version

20160506_112924~2.jpg

Did you chance the Xenon bulbs? I generally don't like touching them lol which ones did you change?

Yes I wanted to do the satnav update, is yours disk or HDD? 

I did look for a cheaper alternative to Lexus but couldn't find one for the HDD, any advice on that?

cheers

my GS450 is 2006 so the sat nav is disc version and very easy to find the updates for, but the HDD version I think can only be done by Lexus
The bulbs were not to hard to change as are the fog bulbs 
I purchased the D4S bulbs from an internet auction site

2 hours ago, stormcracker said:

my GS450 is 2006 so the sat nav is disc version and very easy to find the updates for, but the HDD version I think can only be done by Lexus
The bulbs were not to hard to change as are the fog bulbs 
I purchased the D4S bulbs from an internet auction site

Thanks for info mate, I'll defo be doing the fog lights. One other mod I'll be doing is removing all the wood trim and having it dipped and polished carbon fibre effect. Has anyone done this before?

saw it on a jaguar forum does look nice and im sure theres bound to be a video of it on YouTube of how to remove the dash sections
fogs on mine were easy just turn the wheels and remove the splash guard studs and move the splash guard out of the way slightly and access is easy
good luck with the car and any mods you do be sure to fire up some pics

13 minutes ago, stormcracker said:

saw it on a jaguar forum does look nice and im sure theres bound to be a video of it on YouTube of how to remove the dash sections
fogs on mine were easy just turn the wheels and remove the splash guard studs and move the splash guard out of the way slightly and access is easy
good luck with the car and any mods you do be sure to fire up some pics

Will do, I'm going to get the dealer to remove all the bits and have a local company dip them. The plan is to have it all ready for pick up :)

5 minutes ago, stormcracker said:

class job m8 dont forget the pics of exterior and interior

Will do, don't pick it up for about 2 weeks but will add it then :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links