Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front grille for 220d

Kch

Hello all 

new to the forum after purchasing an is220d the car runs great and looks perfect the only thing that needs doing is the grille and wheels. 

1. Grille, ive seen tutorials on here about changing the stock to the ISf mesh.

i was wondering where I can pick up the part, I've checked eBay and other sites and I can't find it in the Lexus catalogue, just need a little help locating one that's reasonably priced.

2. Wheels, can I fit 18" on without any issues? I'm completely new to changing stock wheels to aftermarket also can anyone point me in the right direction to look for said wheels as well? 

Kind regards 

kch

oh also it's a 2007 lexus

26 minutes ago, Kch said:

Hello all 

new to the forum after purchasing an is220d the car runs great and looks perfect the only thing that needs doing is the grille and wheels. 

1. Grille, ive seen tutorials on here about changing the stock to the ISf mesh.

i was wondering where I can pick up the part, I've checked eBay and other sites and I can't find it in the Lexus catalogue, just need a little help locating one that's reasonably priced.

2. Wheels, can I fit 18" on without any issues? I'm completely new to changing stock wheels to aftermarket also can anyone point me in the right direction to look for said wheels as well? 

Kind regards 

kch

oh also it's a 2007 lexus

Both wheels and mesh is pretty straight forward.

Mesh you are referring to is "F-Sport" mesh, not "ISF". That said you need to get aftermarket one matching your car manufacturing year... I believe it is slight difference between "pre-facelift" and "post-facelift" models... That would not be huge difference, but it is easier when all the holes are fitting straight away right?

As for rims - if you get Lexus OEM 18" they would be direct fit, this is not even a upgrade or modification, but rather retrofiring factory option (don't forget 18" was an option on both IS220d and 250).  If you get aftermarket ones - it would be better to stick with OE dimensions (18x8J Front, 18x8,5J Rear - can someone confirm ET?). That said even slightly different rims would fit fine (unless you go to something mad), but you might have issues with alignment etc. 

fc836dbd127844bd28b6b7014e449c50.png

The standard setup is a staggered one, 255/40R18 on the rear, 225/40R18 on the front

I think this means you need 18x8 rims for the front and 18x9 rims for the rear

PCD is 115.43x5 and I believe the offset is ET45

Thanks so much for the advice guys 

I've ordered a fsport mesh from eBay (2007 model) as for the wheels can anyone recommend a site? I don't want anything too OTT just something that looks clean. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/18/2016 at 0:02 AM, Kch said:

Nice style, thought I don't see 18x8 as an option. That said 8.5 are no good on front - you would be better of with all 18x8 (rear being narrower than original), than with 8.5 on front (which will be too wide). In other had if you stick with standard tires it would make front to be slightly stretched.

That said it probably won't rub archesin fron, but will look little bit weird. Cannot advise on ET (it is a bit of mysterious setting for myself).

That link points to a set of wheels with a 112mm stud pattern. if you change this to the correct 114.3 pattern for lexus then only 9.5r/et18 size is available.

Wheelbase offer mixed size sets, this a set of 18inch mixed 8J/9J with a similar design to your link

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/ava/phoenix/hyper-silver/18-inch-wider-rear

I think the 9J's will take from 235 to 265 tyre width so they will be OK with either the standard fitments or you could even go for fatter 265 rear tyres.

I note that the rears have a smaller offset than the rears which I assume is to compensate for the wider rear rims?? Might be worth giving them a call to confirm.

I am really wanting a dark colour unfortunately the ones you,       suggested from wheelbase only come in silver but I found this set below , which come with the right widths front and rear for the is220d just need confirmation before I order can anyone confirm this 

http://projexuk.com/wheels/3sdm/0_01/mattblack

i have called and they said they would fit...

As far as I can see - widths available are 8.5 and 9.5 which are respectively 0.5 and 1 inch wider than stock.

If you asking if they fit - yes they will. They will accept the stock tires as well with noticeable stretch (will look more similar like ones on Golf5 from your link). And probably will not rub arches as well. However, they will not be as stocks are.

If wider/stretched looks is what you after, then it is fine... otherwise look for 8 and 8.5 respectively for front and rear.

I need a new set of shoes anyway so I might just buy the alloys and respective tyres to avoid the stretch 

the company is located 30 mins from me so they kindly offered to put a set on and see if I like them going up Tuesday next week 

as for for the grill I have ordered one from the U.S. And it's on the way 

with the wheels on Tuesday the car is coming along nicely 

i will post pics when it's all together 

8 minutes ago, Kch said:

I might just buy the alloys and respective tyres to avoid the stretch 

I might be worried more about that, then a stretch. Stretched ones won't rub and wider ones without stretch might (not saying they will, but it is more risky.. then getting right width alloys at the firs place). 

I really like look though, sadly they don't do "gun metal" option.

So can one change 255 40 R to 265 40 R in the rears stock 18inch? Will the upgrade be visual? Or is 10mm minor change and one won't notice ?

What disadvantage will it have ? ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links