Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 5/15/2016 at 7:40 AM, madasahatter said:

Looking at some 18 x 8 et 40 wheels, says they will fit the car. What size tyres will be needed front and rear to look right.

So that's  for front... What about rear? they should be 18x8.5 "to look right".

2 hours ago, madasahatter said:

The original wheels are only 8j - 225 45 17 front 245 45 17 rears

The 18 x 8 et40 wheels will fit and stick out by 5mm. 

Ideally you want 225/40 r18 on the front to keep the rolling diameter similiar. You will see a 2mm ride height gain but hardly noticeable

On the rear you'd want 245/40 r18.

The above only works if your current wheels are 8J front and rear with the rear only having a wider tyre.

Hi not wishing to hi-jack this thread but after reading these comments I checked the tyres on my 2011 is250C ;all 4 dunlops are 245/40 R18 ,I don,t think they are the original tyres as the date on them is 2 years after registation .Where would the 8J section mark be on the wheel ? and if they are 8J am I best going back to 225 on the front or replacing like with like ? I have happily covered over 3000 miles in the car since I purchased it with no ill effects .the car has a full Lexus service and I notice they have put these sizes on the check sheet with depth measurements,without comment ; I will be replacing the tyres in the next 2000 miles 

Thanks  Dave

I believe rears should be 255 40 18 .......... 225 40 18 front . But if your happy with how it handles that fine.

All sizes are on back of the wheel, Cb 60.1 .... 8J etc which is wheel width ....... and rim size.

I believe rears should be 255 40 18 .......... 225 40 18 front . But if your happy with how it handles that fine.

All sizes are on back of the wheel, Cb 60.1 .... 8J etc which is wheel width ....... and rim size.

8 hours ago, madasahatter said:

Yes its 255/40 r18 for the rear on the 2nd Gen IS250

However, Lexus got it wrong as the rear profile is visibly bigger than the front profiles. The trick is to drop the rears to 255/35 r18 to get a uniform look.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links