Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ireland members?

Noticing a few Irish locations on some historic threads and I was wondering if there are many active Ireland based members and if there are any/many static meets along the lines of cars & coffee organised?

Hi Eire

I'm based in Dublin & brought in a IS300H Exec from the UK last Jan, one thing I've noticed is reading from this forum the level of service UK owners get from the Lexus dealerships / Lexus UK seems to be higher then what we get, or perhaps my dealership isn't up to par with the rest.

For example, no 24/7 breakdown assist from Lexus Ireland

No car clean with a regular service 

Was given a 2006 IS as a replacement car, would have thought it would be a good idea for the dealership to provide a higher spec or a gs / nx etc to persuade owners to upgrade...

a regular service was 410 euro including tax, car still has 12 months warranty & nothing major was changed outside the usual change oil, change pollen filter etc

BTW, don't want to come across as a moaner but apart from the above I'm very happy with the car, very nice to drive & when it comes to upgrading in a few years I'll be looking seriously at the new IS when it eventually comes out

All new Lexus sold in Ireland have 3 yrs free breakdown service. From previous experience dealers look after lease and customers who purchased car at their dealership. After experiencing both, in general the service in Ireland in all dealerships is of a lower customer service standard than UK.

8 hours ago, phoenix2181 said:

I had had my own serviced with Murphy & Gunn in Rathgar, Dublin who are an authorised Lexus repairer recently, very reasonable price with a very competitive tyre price and the car came back as new both inside & out. Maria & Louise are the service advisors, no harm in pricing with them next time you need work doing, 01-4068600

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Northern Ireland and yes, that dealer service does seem poorer. Certainly always a car clean for me, even if just getting a software update or a puncture repair (both of which are free, btw).

I love the car but the dealer service is a big thing for me. If it were much inferior, I'd certainly think about drifting.

On 8/7/2016 at 7:01 PM, Eire Lexus said:

All new Lexus sold in Ireland have 3 yrs free breakdown service. From previous experience dealers look after lease and customers who purchased car at their dealership. After experiencing both, in general the service in Ireland in all dealerships is of a lower customer service standard than UK.

It is hard to believe can it really be worse than Lexus Woodford... I doubt. But as mentioned on other thread - it is wrong to judge car service by visiting one dealership. They are all owned by different companies and service quality in UK dealership is different - I guess same applies in Ireland.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links