Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm wondering if my Air con needs re-gassing?   When the Car is up to temperature I've noticed when stationary a very slight gurgling sound coming from some where.  No noise on start up and actually it can gurgle when cornering at low speed but stops fairly quickly.

The expansion tank is full and there is no Mayonaisse in the Oil Cap but i can't see any water dripping from under the Car as condensation.

The Air -con is working wonderfully and its ice cold which I regard as a major plus side of this car but i don't want to neglect the Air con if something needs be done.    I am hesitant about going to the usual places that suggest they do Air con as you hear so many stories.

Can anyone tell me where the escape tube is located and can it be seen from the engine bay?  I want to check its flowing well before doing anything else. 

I check the power steering level regularly as there is a very slight leak.  Its bang up to the correct level. 

Not burbed the cooling system and I suppose as I changed the Expansion tank a few months back it could be that air got in the system,  though I only noticed the occasional noise recently.  Will check out the threads explaining how its done and give it a try.

The other symptom of air collecting in the matrix is intermittent loss of heating into the cabin. Right now, you're probably not trying to get much heat into the cabin, so you may not have noticed, but as Winter approaches, you might find this.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links