Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wing Mirrors

BESTY

Rob, the problem we found with a kit form is that there is some intricate(spl)soldering,and for someone who may have knowledge in electrics but not soldering could cause problems with/without disclaimer.

yep can see your point there - fair enough i suppose.

As pete has said it can be complicated to do, and if you had the electronics background and ability you would have worked out how to do it. I got GCSE in electronics at school and I didnt have a clue.

I just give him the keys and make tea ! I know my place

Scorpion, I understand completely about what you mean.

However I am completely electronics competant, so was wondering if you could email me the details of your circuit - if you don't mind.

Would like to get this done to mine, now its out of warrenty. Like the idea of total closure as Geoffers wicked circuit doesn't have that yet!

There's already a thread laying around with a differnet solution.

Me on the other hand after having one small fire :tsktsk: (remember my first post new console wanted... still running a console with 10k over my actual milage!! :duh: :angry: ) Wouldn't want to touch the electrics again!!

If you want full closure contact Dean(dpk)as its his dad that does it,but be warned he wont give details away but will install it for £175.

One slip of the soldering iron and you will need a new control board about £200,thats the problem in kit form,if you have the knowledge why do you need plans as you should be able to work it out,he did and he had nothing,no advise or plans.

How does it sense that the windows are closed? Using the same method the switches use? Or does it do each window independantly from the others?

The reason Geoffers never added the total closure bit to his setup was because the IS has nylon gears for winding the windows, and if forced by the motor would snap and fubar your mechanism -- costing a lot of cash!.

I am interested in how they have gotten round this problem as it was the main one Geoff has always been concerned about and thats why he never added the total closure to his project.

Cheers

Dunk

yes mine has been installed for over 10 months.

each window works independently.

and each window knows when its closed, therefore putting no extra strain on the nylon gears as geffors was talking about.

To be honest guys I put the info on here as I know my dad could do with earning a little extra cash, and thought that the guys who dont know how to do it would be interstead.

Without wish to sound funny, but if you have the electonics ability to do it on your own, then you shouldnt need to ask how its done.

Dont get me wrong guys I wouldnt dare try this myself as i aint an electronics nerd, I am a computa nerd!!

I would be more than willing to speak further about getting it done by someone else but was just wondering about the nylon gears to be honest.

So how long would it take? Is it doable at a meet? If so then I need to get my fat **** to a meet then hehe. Also need to see how much I am actually gonna spend on new wheels as I may need the 175 for some nicer wheels at the minute hehe.

Cheers guys

Dunk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links