Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Saying Hi

Hullo to all 

Signed up having been an ISF owner for a year, then went to meet a mate in his C63 Merc and bumped into 2 ISF Owners at the old RAF Kemble.

So the two off here Markg & Davi forced me to drink 9 coffees laced with rum and here I am 😂

Anyway will be at Kemble for the next meet and here she is.

The ISF replaced a long line of Porsche, M3 and the like, the last one being this Turbo.

Big Rat

IMG_1940.JPGIMG_0534.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Welcome to the forum. Lovely looking porker. Why the move from sports car to saloon?

Thanx for the welcome Stuart, been a car nut since I was a kid - long time - the ' F' is car number 41.

Always liked fast/big engined saloons small sample of past rides - this will age me now!

V6 Essex Jeff Uren Cortina MK2 

V6 Cavalier 

24V Senator

M5 M3's

Never had a Merc or an Audi , after many more years at Chopping at wood - chippy by trade had to scratch the Porsche itch.

Couple of Boxster S - 911 4S - 911Gt3- and the last 996 Turbo.

Bit of a long reply matey but for me the 'Porsche Paranoia ' was setting in unless you run one of the GT or Turbo cars which have less common issues which can prove to be very expensive , they are all great cars though.

Done a bit of research on here see that you like to mod yours , the Turbo had some additions took her up to 500bhp 520lb ft bit of a beast.

Had the F a year now done done 9000 miles all its needed was a fuse and that was my fault!

None of the above come close for quality, had the plugs done on the F at 32k and they noticed the usual weep from the water pump changed under warranty.

i am impressed !

Big Rat

Man that's a lot of cars! Some lovely ones in there chap. That's epic modding for the turbo. 

The isf is a very special car indeed. Quality, rarity, performance, reliability etc. 

Any mods planned for the f?

Thanx Fella 

I am as I see many are to get a bit more V8 from the exhaust at some stage I've just found that the car and me have really jelled 

and as they gave me a 3 year warranty I'm somewhat limited.

The exhaust on the Turbo was a Europipe stage 2 loud with I think with the 200cel cats, as you know matey difficult to get a good sound from a Turbo engine but my god that was good , ought to be for 3000euros 😬

Big Rat

• Like 1

I sold mine last year chap. It was perfect when we needed one car. My wife then passed her test and I sold it for a lotus Evora and a run around 😃

Lexus isf:

6BA84D7E-45C9-4B6A-80F0-F431E4C53A00_zps

AA81CF38-0DB2-4287-B26A-617435D428DB_zps

Evora: 

85EEC025-13AC-4A11-AF2C-67AF56EA9B72_zps

5D956F91-57E1-4D90-80BB-7E47318F71F1_zps

Hello Paul,welcome to the LOC and thanks for your support by joining as a Gold member.

The ISF forum has certainly livened up over the last few weeks, with your arrival they're even coming out of the woodwork :biggrin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I sold mine last year chap. It was perfect when we needed one car. My wife then passed her test and I sold it for a lotus Evora and a run around 😃

Lexus isf:

6BA84D7E-45C9-4B6A-80F0-F431E4C53A00_zps

AA81CF38-0DB2-4287-B26A-617435D428DB_zps

Evora: 

85EEC025-13AC-4A11-AF2C-67AF56EA9B72_zps

5D956F91-57E1-4D90-80BB-7E47318F71F1_zps

They are lovely 😊 

Evora now that would be on my short of very short lists - Lexus/Toyota engine as well.

Plenty of mods available I understand.

Big Rat

10 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Paul,welcome to the LOC and thanks for your support by joining as a Gold member.

The ISF forum has certainly livened up over the last few weeks, with your arrival they're even coming out of the woodwork :biggrin:

Thanx very much - it's the pic's of all these tasty motors it's infectious 😜

• Like 1

Indeed. Fits my wee one and the wife for weekend trips. Very reliable. It's the sr so has all the bells and whistles. Komotec do a 370, 390, 410, 430 and 460 upgrade kit which also include torque. Not cheap though. I have added a car back, alcantara wheel from the 400, splitter and side skirts. I can't lie, it's a bloody special car for gt and sports car use. 

• Like 1

Wow you have been busy tasty motor,  me and Mrs Rat don't have kids so vehicle type size never been an issue.

See from the German loose gravel sign in one of your pics you get about a bit Ring trio was it or did the 3 of you get lost 😂

Big Rat

Ah ok so a lot of choice for you lucky sods then! 

I did indeed head to the ring in the summer with my dad in his boxster and mate on his 911.

looking to do brands gp and the evo triangle this year and then the ring again in 2018.

Ah thought that was where you may be heading ,maybe some on here might tag along later in the year for the triangle if it wasn't a family - friends run out , I would be up for it.

Big Rat

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Evening Mark hope you are good, this get together seems to be going well , I can smell AV8 coffee already !

Paul

Yes, hopefully we will get more than 3 turn up.

Is it your turn to buy the coffee..........??

Sorry mate bit late in replying just got back from the pub full of Guinness and Serloin.

Yep it's my round for the coffee - mind you Mrs Rat is looking at me now in such away that large coffee ☕️ input is required immediately!

Big Rat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links