Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Odd Noise from the Engine Bay

4 hours ago, steveledzep said:

I don't think there's anything "ideal" about my car having 90k on the clock !  Much happier with 44k :smile:

I agree that a car needs to be used regularly to keep everything "supple".  For the first 6 years of its life, my car was driven by a lady going to work and back, the shops and friends etc., it was serviced annually by Lexus at about 5,500 miles per annum.  Her hubby drove a larger Lexus and that vehicle was used for their family excursions.

I use it daily for work commutes and all other trips (our only car), We do just 10k per annum.  SO, you can't say my car hasn't been looked after nor used regularly.  Maybe my water pump was a Friday afternoon assembly :wink:.  The calipers are a legend in their own right, as everyone acknowledges.

We plan to move the convertible on in a couple of months time.  2009, 7 Lexus stamps, 44k miles, one previous, warranty to 11/17.  Think I'll have far more takers than your advert for a 90k car Noobie :tongue:.

Didn't mean no disrespect - just that a car with low miles compare to the age may need a bit more care than one used on a regular basis - mines just under 100K and I do around 5k a year, some years more than others but on average around 5k.

Not stating its not looked after more than a high miler (mine) but it may need just the same or more care due to the age - I would not rest on the mileage being an indicator of the cars reliability as it needs the same care as a high miler due to the age ... if that makes sense ?  :wacko:

Waterpump going at 44k quite surprised as mine on 46k now hope it doesn't go if it does got non lexus warranty and my  tx1 with Nissan engine just got waterpump done at 408k at cost of £100. Beat that loool

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links