Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car for the wife.

Went to view the blue 10plate GS450h with cream leather yesterday, couldn't fault it at all really.  Only issue with these is the boot size. I've shown her the photos of it and she likes it so it's definitely an option.  There is a black one at a dealer not too far away with lower mileage also.

Called at a local used car dealer as they had an IS250 convertible in, she really likes these, spent more time looking round the rest of the stock including a lovely Phase 1 Clio V6 and a black Grand Cherokee SRT8.

http://rdmdirect.co.uk

They also had a nice 2006 X5 4.8 in black with cream leather for £9500, only covered around 66k with good service history......not sure I fancy running 2 sub 20mpg cars though! Also had a limited edition Mini Cooper Clubman with full black leather which I liked but she isn't as keen on.

• Like 1

I like the IS convertible. I spoke to someone in the know and they were not that complimentary about that vehicle type. Apparently the roof suffers from all sorts of squeaks and rattles :(

There was a few weeks ago a nice low mileage SILVER Is convertible at Lexus Bristol looked very nice, it's sold now but I think they are on the face of it a worthy contende, makes a change from the herds of BMW and Audi chuggers you see.

Any way the environment secretary said today on the news buy a diesel car now and we will shoot you.......... well something like that anyway 😂

Big Rat

I didn't even know there was an IS250 convertible before this thread.

If you're considering the Passat CC I'd be tempted to look at the Skoda Superb too.  If you want something a bit smaller a 1.0T Focus will probably do what you want.  I had one as a hire car for a day and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

Is there any way of finding out from Lexus if a car has been serviced there in the past? 

Enquired about a red IS 250 convertible at a Honda dealer in Bradford earlier, they say they were told it has service history when they took it in part ex but there is no proof of this. 

Yes, before purchasing mine I called up a Lexus dealer who'd done the MOT's and confirmed the servicing record. They needed the VIN number tho

No need now. Went out car shopping today and she has ended up going for Juke Nismo.

Not a bad little car, 63 plate with 25k and fsh. It's got nav, reverse camera, heated seats, auto gearbox and switchable 4wd. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom24 said:

No need now. Went out car shopping today and she has ended up going for Juke Nismo.

Not a bad little car, 63 plate with 25k and fsh. It's got nav, reverse camera, heated seats, auto gearbox and switchable 4wd. 

Well done sorted now some friends on there 3rd one of these none have been a  Nismo but all have been petrol autos

They have been very reliable, bit of a marmite car, but hey it's good to be different 👍

Big Rat

I think the nismo additions really suit the Juke. Me and my wife like cars that stand out from the crowd to. This is her veloster turbo with the crazy asemetric doors, douche bag private plate and matt paint, probably as rare as the isf in this colour!

20161230_140806.jpg

20161230_140837.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links