Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Judder when pulling away ....

tonb

Thanks for the replies about the intermitent starting .... I read the previous threads, so now I don't feel alone!

The clutch judders frequently when pulling away gently - is this a characteristic of the clutch plate, or should I get it fixed?

I suppose I could just light up the rears every time I pull away - but that can get a bit embarressing outside the local shop .....:lol:

I solved my mats problem with a slight modification to the location of the plastic pin .... but I have had the misfortune of having the throttle forced down by the mat .... and it happened in a 15mph zone as well :eyes: good job the old bill wasnt around!

I have had judder too on my 2001 SE from new.

Dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong @ first service :rolleyes: so i went back last weekend to see the chief tech who agreed with me instantly after driving 3 metres up the forecourt :)

Now booked in for warranty replacement clutch and possibly flywheel too.

Now i have to try and demonstrate that my throttle surges slightly - but unacceptably IMO ... They currently say it's a characteristic of the fly by wire system. If that's so, it's a crap system with inherent design flaws ...

Ive had the occasional judder but always put it down to not reving enough at pull away & just thought I had to get used to the clutch control for the car........Which I seem to have now!

maybe ive just got used to the problem!!!

Thats certainly what happened to me, then I let someone else drive the car with me as a passenger (so I could have a few drinks!) and I relised how bad it was. Now on my second flywheel, and about to have the 4th clutch fitted. The last one actually made it worse.

i must admit....my clutch biting point feels pretty high now so ive got a feeling my clutch is on its way out! Might go for an aftermarket one in the futre to see if it is any better...especialy as i am going to get a few engine mods!

thanks for those replies guys, the judder seems to be worse when the car is cold - but i have tp park in a multi storey at work, and the judder is definately getting worse when i go up and down the ramps.

it's due a 20k service in a couple of weeks, so i'll ask them to look at it then.

have any others had a problem with the driver side wiper arm being over adjusted - if there is not monsoon like rain when the wipers are on full, and if the wind is not coming from a certain direction, then the o/s wiper sticks a little ...

must get that looked at as well!

Originally posted by ricky_is200

I get a similar thing with my wipers, it only started recently. It sounds like it goes off the edge of the windscreen but when I watch it it looks fine! It only seems to happen in light rain.

Could just be the blade is making noise as the wipers change direction - I've had that, the blade sticks and you get a sort of graunch or click noise - sounds like it's hitting something, but isn't really.

Usually more noticeable when the screen is not very wet.

Originally posted by lexicon

Could just be the blade is making noise as the wipers change direction - I've had that, the blade sticks and you get a sort of graunch or click noise - sounds like it's hitting something, but isn't really.

Usually more noticeable when the screen is not very wet.

I did think that, as it only happens in light rain. I tried a new wiper blade and it still does it though. Maybe I'll try another... (or maybe the dealer didn't change it when I asked them too...)

• 2 weeks later...

Well clutch was done today and it's certainly better.

Still judders a bit at crawling pace but not quite as bad as before.

Experimented outside my flat with front windows open and can hear chattering as drive is taken up ....

release bearing i guess. Is it REALLY sposed to do that ?

If i was looking to buy this car and heard that noise, i'd tell the owner the clutch was buggered :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links