Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member - IS F collection next week

Now you see to all you doubters about the superior advantages of a silver one what you do is this and then simply massage the the truth...... really at times you are so...... ooops 😂IMG_2570.thumb.JPG.c98211cee49833f3645240e1fd7edec0.JPG

Good old photo shop the truth disguiser 😏

• Like 1

Could that be a slight hint to age there Paul when you have the temperature set to Fahrenheit on the dash? not that I would ever want to take down a fellow "F" owner especially not one with the faster silver version, the others all secretly want one!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oscar (The Grouch) said:

Could that be a slight hint to age there Paul when you have the temperature set to Fahrenheit on the dash? not that I would ever want to take down a fellow "F" owner especially not one with the faster silver version, the others all secretly want one!!!

@Oscar (The Grouch) Very good how observant you, yep the Silver car goes with the silver hair and of course hand in hand with my silver tongue 😊

And for you delight here is a pic of mine the day I picked her up, just to wet the appetite for your impending collection >

IMG_1591.thumb.JPG.9e7fc51da97f3aca2e8ce33f1751c487.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Oscar (The Grouch) Very good how observant you, yep the Silver car goes with the silver hair and of course hand in hand with my silver tongue 😊

And for you delight here is a pic of mine the day I picked her up, just to wet the appetite for your impending collection >

IMG_1591.thumb.JPG.9e7fc51da97f3aca2e8ce33f1751c487.JPG

Big Rat

Hope you don't mind Paul, another one.

20170314_092955.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats Oscar, it's a very clean car - The owner before the last (if that makes sense) of this car lived not far from me and I recall it was sold by Lexus Manchester about a year ago roughly when he sold it or part exchanged it. It had a standard exhaust back then so the last owner must have replaced the exhaust. 

Hi Sham, just picked up the car yesterday and was going through its 60+ K service today. Everything went OK except there was a bit of the pollen filter housing was missing which has been ordered in (cost £41.00 fitted) not sure why this was missing? :wallbash: also have managed to get a 2 year warranty to take it just passed the 10 year mark from Lexus so that is good news +2 year service price of £606.00 :laugh:.Only issue was the mechanics found a leak from water pump and recommended replacement at just over £502.00 fitted so not covered by warranty as highlighted before being taken out :unsure: going to speak to dealer who sold me the car and ask him for contribution for repair as this should have been pointed out before purchase for both items.

Great running car, standard back boxes now refitted and custom ones sold on by previous owner, still a great noise when opening her up, well impressed, thanks for info.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Result:yahoo:Border cars have come up trumps and fully paid for my leaking water pump and missing part from pollen filter.Just had work completed at Lexus Glasgow yesterday and also replaced air filter so everything new and car running well. Got over 30mpg getting home at 60+mph with very little traffic to hold me back from 140 mile run home. Completed a full speed test run (in auto mode) on RAF Machrihanish immaculate taxiway on 1.5 mile section and got it up to 151mph with no effort, super smooth car - steady as a rock!!

Just spoken to previous owner but one and he reassures me the car is mint with no issues - well impressed by my purchase and hope the Lexus reliability + MPG keeps up compared with BMW / Porsche + Mercedes alternatives. Only trouble is transferring my private plate over as DVLA says that the car was off road being sold for an extended period at previous traders (either Lexus Manchester or Border Cars) so have at least another 2 weeks wait.

Thanks to all help from forum so far, great group to be a member of :w00t: Does super unleaded help at all or will i just stick with normal 95 branded fuel????????????

• Like 5

Great result ☺!  would love to take the car to those speeds but over 90 ish on public roads is getting close to a ban 😔. I switch between the fuels but 60% of the time prefer to use the super Unleaded which I think makes the car a bit more spritely.

16 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Great result ☺!  would love to take the car to those speeds but over 90 ish on public roads is getting close to a ban 😔. I switch between the fuels but 60% of the time prefer to use the super Unleaded which I think makes the car a bit more spritely.

I always run the car on 99ron optimax but is purely through habit due to owning big power turbos in the past.  Only a couple of ££s extra per tank anyway.

I KNOW the car will pull hard all the way to the limiter.  Did you run out of runway??

Hi,only set the car up with half the taxiway available and wanted to dab the brakes to slow it down so as not to coat the alloys in brake dust or overheat brakes. So will use the full length (over 3 miles) on next trial run to see what extra it has got - probably should increase tyre pressures too as book suggests - running at 36psi just now.

It can fair shift but the distance comes up quick at those speeds - need to watch out for deer kicking about as well - don't fancy hitting one above 100mph never mind over 150. :wacko: Taxiway was shimmering in sun so difficult to see properly at that speed will wait for overcast day to try again.

Plenty of grunt from V8 and pulled all the way up - lovely motor - lucky to have he opportunity on the empty taxiway when i get the chance :yes:

• Like 1

@Oscar (The Grouch) Take care of your new baby now 😏

Running at those speeds the tyres are the all important factor, I would not run at less than 40psi all round, in fact mine are that all the time.

Dispite my using the car as intended I've got even tread wear across both front and back boots.

Have fun 😏

Big Rat

• Like 1

Great news 😀 on the water pump. Try and get some video/dashcam footage on your next run if you can please.

I use the Shell V-Power Nitro (or whatever it's called nowadays) 99 RON petrol 95% of the time and Costco super unleaded (which seems to be a decent fuel) when I'm passing/visiting for the remainder.

Is the previous owner but one based in Stockport as that's the chap I was thinking of in my previous post? Never met him but he always had several Lexus vehicles at any given time so clearly a Lexus enthusiast. 

Hi Sham, spoke to Suhail earlier today who is from that area and had traded the ISF into Lexus Manchester which is now no more - Lexus Stockport or Bolton nearest dealers. He said that he wanted to buy the ISF back but had been too late as i already had secured car - he sold it as he was travelling over 20,000 miles per year and fuel bill was too much. He confirmed the car was mint and it had been sold onto last owner as fully approved 5+ Lexus used car so had full brake replacement + 4x tyres changed - good result for me :yes:- plenty of wear left (5.5mm +) although tyres are only Maxxis brand - will move onto Potenzas or Michelins when they are worn out.

Will follow forums advice and put at least 50% of super through when i can - not available locally - nearest Esso garage is 50 miles away - Esso + Shell are main fuel merchants on Scottish west coast.

Thanks, Craig

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links