Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Beginners Question - How Do You Change Tail Lights

I've got an IS 200 import and the Owner's manual only tells you where the tail lights are (I worked that much out myself!). What it doesn't tell you is how to access the tail light - I need to replace the bulb. I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,

TRC

Welcome to the club, tell us more aout your import IS what spec, colour etc.

There are two screws hidden behind caps that need to be removed, once these screws are removed the tail lights can be pulled out, there are retaining clips so a little pressure will be required.

Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Need to replace one of the lights for the rear licence plate - no mention in the manual and I cannot work it out - have removed the cover under the bootlid and everything, but still no luck

Can anyone help?

I bet you its so simple

Need to replace one of the lights for the rear licence plate - no mention in the manual and I cannot work it out - have removed the cover under the bootlid and everything, but still no luck

Can anyone help?

I  bet you its so simple

You need to replace the complete boot lid :D

Work from the outside. From memory, when I changed mine, the clear covers simply unclipped from the outside.

• 1 year later...
Also when I'm here.  Anybody who knows if there is any difference in the tail lights on the IS 2000 model and the 2001 model?  Lots of webshops sell tail lights for the 01-05 models, but it seems like it's the same light as for the 2000 model..

Am I right or is there some difference between them?

( I have a 2000 model with a broken tail light, and don't know if I dare to buy a light for the 01-05 model)

They will fit John - but they will probably be a different colour inside the housing. The older ones were chrome inside. There are now black chrome and champagney kind of colour too. They are the newer ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links