Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has This Altezza Got An Intecooler?

russellg

Difficult to tell from that picture. However looking at the other pictures of that car it doesn't appear to have. Also the pipe going into the throttle body seems to be going around to the back of the turbo and not to the front of the car where the intercooler would be.

Without the intercooler the boost produced would have to be reduced. So you could easily see another 20-30 bhp if you fitted the IC and increased boost.

Colin's right, there is clearly no intercooler fitted as the pressure pipe on the throttle body would be going forward instead of towards the turbocharger.

Most non intercooled turbo conversions can't run any more than 0.4 bar boost pressure as even at this low pressure the intake temperatures can be as high as 90 degrees. The installation of a decent intercooler will reduce the intake temps down to around 35 degrees which will give more power on it's own, and allow more ignition advance or more boost pressure giving even more power.

Alright,

Cheers for th info guys. I havent taken delivery of the vehicle as yet, I only know that its it a trust turbo. Obviously as I cant say for sure that it hs an IC, I certainly wouldnt be able to other modifcations have been done, such as compression lowered etc.

Would I be better off sourcing a IC or fitting a water injection kit? Is it wise to fit a water injection kit without an intercooler?

Who would be best to approach to find an intercooler for this vehicle? Deos anyone make a straight bolt on kit? I'm expecting to take delivary around the end of march. I'm looking for minimum fuss, not too keen on any cutting/welding.

Cheers,

russellg

We can supply a direct bolt on intercooler kit for the Greddy turbo kit.

Water injection is best used for reducing exhaust gas temperatures and suppressing detonation, as it is not very effective at reducing intake charge temps.

Ive been doing some reseach for an intercooler, looks like i'll have to wait a while as they are all way out my price range.

I guess I'll wait and see how th car performs, It's just a wee small IC on my current astra turbo, yet it appears to do an excellent job. It prob a bit lighter that teh Altezza though. Cheers for all your input, I'll keep you all posted when it arrives!!

Incidentally, the wee Astra Turbo is for sale, check it out at http://www.doubtit.co.uk Maybe you have a wee sister in need of a quick wee runaround?

Cheers lads,

Russell

Could I get hold of an intercooler form a supercharged Lexus and easily modify it to fit?

Value for money is the name of the game, ive shelled out a fair wad of cash and I still need to insure it!!

Cheers again,

Russell

p.s. Im looking for 4995 for the Astra.

• 2 months later...

Ok, cheers for the info guys.

Not taken delivery yet but Ive been to see the car now, its not got an intercooler or a chargecooler.

Can anyone give me measurments of the intercooler fitted to their IS or Altezza so I can see about getting one made up?

ANy help is good!!

Cheers,

Russell

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links