Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres.

I need to replace all 4 tyres on my gs.

Can anyone recommend good quality tyres with maz price of £100 per tyre?

ANyone had any experiences with continentals. My local tyre fitter dislikes bridgstones as he said the outer rim is prone to wearing and i have to agree with him.

many thanks

Paul

I have just recently completed a fairly exhaustive search for tyres on my GS300 Sport and found a report on Kumho 712 tyres at:

Kumho 712 Report

Mine cost me £146 each fitted but that was for 275/35 18's. I Assume you require 235/45 ZR17's and checking on mytyres.co.uk they can be picked up for a much more affordable £73 each. I used to have Pirelli P Zero's but found them too soft - they only lasted me 4 months :ohmy: Only had the Kumho's for a week now but they are certainly quieter than the Pirelli's and I dont get the sideways kick on the bumps anymore. The 712's are by no means an economy tyre and are rated as Ultra High Performance on the Kumho website:

Kumho Tyres Web page

Can't say yet what wear and tear is going to be like but can't be worse than the Pirelli's.... can it? :unsure:

I've just had 4 new Pirelli P7 fitted on my GS300 MkI (225/55R16 - maybe not your size). I have to say that noise is not a problem at all, so they have obviously "cured" this problem when they converted the best parts of the P Zero to P7... I can't yet comment on wear and tear but the grip is fantastic. Read my initial comments in the tyre forum when I get it written later tonight (I hope).

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running Hankook Ventus Sports

Good points

Excellent grip in the dry and wet

Not too noisy

Look good

Fronts have lasted over 30,000 miles

Reasonable price 235/40/18 for £105 each fitted

Bad Points

Rears are only lasting about 10,000 miles

They are terrible in snow - when you add an auto box, 3 ltr engine and no traction control :whistling:

I have been running Hankook Ventus Sports

Bad Points

Rears are only lasting about 10,000 miles

This fact alone makes them an expensive buy IMHO, although they may seem cheap to buy. Of course, I don't know how you drive, but still... B)

Personally, I would never put a single Hankook tyre on my car, but that may just be me in a nutshell (is that what this smilie means -> :ph34r: ) and I may be missing out on something... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

This post is not to offend anyone, just to give an opinion, which I guess is what this forum is about.

This fact alone makes them an expensive buy IMHO, although they may seem cheap to buy. Of course, I don't know how you drive, but still...  B)

Hmm large heavy rear wheel drive car, high mileage over both motorway and country lanes, can't see me getting double the mileage and the prices for "Brand" tyres was near double.

My view on tryes is this, if you want a performance ie sticky tyre, you can't expect high mileage too. If your not bothered about performance go for as hard a compound as you can.

Hi all

When I got my car last year the rears where nearly new Nankangs and the front Pirellies, The rears 18K on are still like new and the front wore out so I put Nankangs on, the ride is brill and quite.

Ive heard it said that Nankangs are budget yokohams, dont know if that true but I cant fault the tyres nor the cost £56 per corner

DLJ

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links