Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

450h any surprises with changing brake pads and disks

8 minutes ago, Upex said:

Thanks John, I'll save redoing the rubber tops then, result lol.

I'll be on to big red, no worries there.

Your instructions were spot on. I noted the bit about the nut and bolt, and to be honest, I normally turn the bolt, vs nut anyway, they were just stuck in there as had swollen with rust, especially on the unused threads. 

I did not though that the rear slide pin rubbers are both broken, badly. Thankfully, the grease in there was still present and albeit a bit grungy, they were saved, but I do need to get new ones. Anyone know where or what I'm looking for? Part pics I've found don't show them!

Robert.

Biggred will have them in stock there range of parts is huge.

John.

1 hour ago, Upex said:

The rubber things or the caliper?

Both. They will be able to refurbish your caliper though if you wish, but they will have the slide pin rubber gaiters as well.

2 hours ago, Upex said:

Thanks John, I'll save redoing the rubber tops then, result lol.

I'll be on to big red, no worries there.

Your instructions were spot on. I noted the bit about the nut and bolt, and to be honest, I normally turn the bolt, vs nut anyway, they were just stuck in there as had swollen with rust, especially on the unused threads. 

I did not though that the rear slide pin rubbers are both broken, badly. Thankfully, the grease in there was still present and albeit a bit grungy, they were saved, but I do need to get new ones. Anyone know where or what I'm looking for? Part pics I've found don't show them!

Robert.

Biggred will have them in stock there range of parts is huge.

John.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bump this. 

What sort of issues/symptoms would it cause (Apart from pushing all the fluid through the system) if the calipers were replaced (Hoses clamped) and then bled as normal?

I had a strange thing happen where when i drove to work(about 6 miles) the car would be fine but when i drove home later in the day about half way home i would get what felt like a slight vibration from the rear passenger side. It was like BRRRRRRRRRRRRR when the brake was pressed.

We re-bled them again at the weekend and checked the pads were seated correctly but just checking if it happens again. 

Thanks.