Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake/fog Mod....

Scorpion

No problems at all. Mine have been wired like this for ALMOST A YEAR NOW and I've never had any probs.

When I wired them, I measured the amperage with all the brake lights on and the cable supplying the power (original brake light wire) was quite capable of running it all.

Don't ask me now what the amperage was.... it was nearly a year ago. ! :duh:

Mine does :-

With side lights switched on........ rear tail lights and low wattage fogs are on

With brakes on ....... rear brakes and high wattage fogs come on (dual filament bulbs) and rear spoiler brake light.

Fogs still light up independantly as the shoud (with tail lights.)

Does that make sense ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a relay and diodes - just ran a supply thru the car - took 15 mins to do that

Took 2 and a half hours for someone who doenst usaully do this stuff and has never taken apart bits of the IS! 1 hour was tryna lead the Battery lead to the back of the car. Had to bring myself around to cutting the rubber :ohmy:

I would have thought energising the fog light relay with the supply to the coil of the brake light relay would be the easiest and less hassle solution (in terms of over-current in cables).

All that is needed is a length of cable, couple of connectors, and a diode to prevent back flow of current to stop brake lights coming on when fog lights are on.

I carried this mod out on my Astra's front fog lights / main beam..and looked cool. SO when you flashed your headlights the front spots came on :P . But you could have your front spots on without main beam.

I want to do the same for my IS200, but struggling to find the correct wires?! Any ideas out there?? Anybody with wiring diagrams for front lighting?!?!

Slightly :offtopic: i know, but help would be aprreciated.

Cheers!

Paul.

Its LEGAL there is nothing anybody or Lexus can do about it..

Err, you'll probably get away with it but...

strictly speaking it actually isn't legal :whistling:

Ever noticed fogs dazzle more than brakes despite both being 21w ?

Fog lamps and brake lamps have different reflector / lens arrangements.

The fog lamp reflector is more... reflecty ??

• 2 weeks later...
Hey im not saying whats wrong or right,all i know is the current thats being drawn from the lights is so low the only way you would smoke it is if you had your foot on the brake for about 10minutes.which aint gonna happen

:offtopic: unless you have an auto and travel alot in heavy city traffic :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links