Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi 

I've been doing some searching without any success. My 95 LS400 has failed cd player illumination bulbs. The unit itself is functioning correctly. I managed to find some information about a repair procedure but all the links are dead. Has anyone got the document?.

Thanks 

Arrrr...now I understand.

By any chance are all the lights out on the climate control buttons as well? If so this is a known fault within the head unit caused by dry solder joints on a couple of components.

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Arrrr...now I understand.

By any chance are all the lights out on the climate control buttons as well? If so this is a known fault within the head unit caused by dry solder joints on a couple of components.

Hi Steve 

The climate controlled unit is working perfectly and it's well illuminated. Just the illumination on the stereo, I would assume the bulbs have failed ? Just be nice to have a how to guide if there is one avaible

Thanks for repsonce

This is a known fault on these head units -  mine does it but they come on as the interior warms up.

The bulbs rarely fail, and only ever the odd one, so if none work it is the supply - which is usually the capacitors as mentioned above.

There are tutorials on youtube and Lexus websites about it, but you have to be a confident at soldering - getting the unit out is not a big job.

There are also firms that offer a repair service.

Just to add, 

There is a Wheeler Dealers episode you can likely find on YouTube of an LS400 where the display was refreshed using a kit.

Worth a viewing regardless.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links