Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport For The Day

Just to bore you all... I had a brand new Plat Ice 04 sport with 2k on the clock for 24 hours, while lexus were sorting a few things out for me.

Its changed my mind about the colour, (just think silver in general has got so popular its become a bit too common, e.g astra, focus, passats you get my drift). But the silver looks really smart/profession. NO i wont be change for I silver, Arstal Black screams much more 'Now Whos Da Don Dada?'.

Anyways what I did really like about the car, was the tints, the rear spoiler, and the fact it was a bit lower, all of which are in the pipeline for mine. Oh cant forget the untouched leather and new car smell B) The Sat Nav screen was a bit bigger and few more functions :blink:

It was also a change to have a manual box. However fuel ecomony were much better. And is it me or was the car slower from 1st to 3rd gear (compared to my auto). Anyways I'll def be sticking to my auto :D

It was also a change to have a manual box. However fuel ecomony were much better. And is it me or was the car slower from 1st to 3rd gear (compared to my auto). Anyways I'll def be sticking to my auto :D

The car is probably slower because it only has 2K on the clock, I noticed mine started to improve once I had about 5K on it.

i had an auto the other week for a day, that had 4k on the clock and felt slow, i put it down to it being an automatic but as mark says it probably just hadnt been run in yet. i didnt like the auto, much prefer manual gears, i wouldnt have minded the bodykit off the auto though.

i had an auto the other week for a day, that had 4k on the clock and felt slow, i put it down to it being an automatic but as mark says it probably just hadnt been run in yet. i didnt like the auto, much prefer manual gears, i wouldnt have minded the bodykit off the auto though.

ok they probably down to having 2k and 4k on the clock.

When I came to buy mine, i wasnt an auto fan. But i spoke to few people, a lot of people said, AUTO = REAL Luxury!! And indeed it is, after having mine for a day i loved the whole auto idea B) I doubt i'd now buy another lex or any other luxury car that was manual. For that sort of driving I have a cavalier and a renault extra van :blink:

Did you try the electric power mode?

ok they probably down to having 2k and 4k on the clock.

When I came to buy mine, i wasnt an auto fan. But i spoke to few people, a lot of people said, AUTO = REAL Luxury!! And indeed it is, after having mine for a day i loved the whole auto idea B) I doubt i'd now buy another lex or any other luxury car that was manual. For that sort of driving I have a cavalier and a renault extra van :blink:

Did you try the electric power mode?

o yes! first button i pressed before accidentally wheel spinning out of lexus stockport :blush: there was a lot of snow and ice in their car park to be fair, not me being mad!

i used the cruise control on the way home and i quite enjoyed that, what i dont like about the auto is the way the console looks with the auto gearbox, i much prefer the leather gaiter.

i also prefer to be able to change gear when i like and hate the noise that automatics make when changing gear its just not as sexy as a manual!

I much prefer the IS300 as its a 5 speed auto and has controls on the steering wheel for manual gear change. I wasn't too keen on the 4-speed IS200 auto I had for a couple of days, but I did get used to it after a while.

Would have been nice to have it tiptronic on the 200, but everything else more then makes up for it ;)

Enjoying the Merc ricky?

Wosket, the IS300 has the same box, you get used to it :P And the cruise control is just great :)

Would have been nice to have it tiptronic on the 200, but everything else more then makes up for it ;)

Enjoying the Merc ricky?

Wosket, the IS300 has the same box, you get used to it :P And the cruise control is just great :)

Yep still loving it! Its the first auto I've had and was hesitant of making the switch from a manual, but I've no regrets, makes commuter driving so much easier.

Yep still loving it! Its the first auto I've had and was hesitant of making the switch from a manual, but I've no regrets, makes commuter driving so much easier.

Gald your enjoying it and the auto box, thats the thoughts of the majority of auto drivers.

Didnt you get an auto, because the manual depreciates too much? :blink:

Gald your enjoying it and the auto box, thats the thoughts of the majority of auto drivers.

Didnt you get an auto, because the manual depreciates too much? :blink:

Yep apparenly no-one wants a manual Merc second hand. That's probably more do to with them making crap manual boxes and foot operated parking brakes which are hell with manuals apparently.

Yep apparenly no-one wants a manual Merc second hand. That's probably more do to with them making crap manual boxes and foot operated parking brakes which are hell with manuals apparently.

:lol: I know a few people that would do anything to get a merc badge :lol:

one of my 'mates' had an A-Class with (orange interior) and a semi auto box?! The box is same as a manual, but no clutch....

All the top mercs i've seen around here have auto boxes, and today I must have seen at least 10 SLs!!! 4 of drop top. We have a nice brabus showroon here in cheltenham too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links