Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking at buying a Lexus IS250 SE-L

2 hours ago, Texas said:

I saw that 10k one....pushing their luck there, but that's dealers for you, keep it bookmarked it may come down!

paul m.

I will do Paul, as I think that it will come down in price. It's a nice colour, sort of Inky Blue. I do like it along with the Red as you don't see many of them. Just a quick one, the Sat-Nav, can it be updated?

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

Don't see many in that colour. I quite like it.

The fact the original 18" wheels are missing would make me wary of this car - for example, were they damaged in an accident?

It’s a very subjective colour. I think it’s got everything an SE-L has. I will ask the dealer.

Agree with John above

MOT history looks ok - one blown headlamp and tyres. Nothing major

Mark on the bumper or is that a bird deposit?

62k miles is around the major spark plug service interval - check they have been replaced if it has a service history. If it has no service history and seeing its almost half way through the MOT period I would ask the garage to check the calipers - maybe put it through an MOT before you purchase it to make sure they are ok if you are interested?

2 keys?

Ask why the wheels have been changed - they were 18's as standard on the F Sport - would you need to inform your insurance company?

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

Don't see many in that colour. I quite like it.

The fact the original 18" wheels are missing would make me wary of this car - for example, were they damaged in an accident?

My first thought too .... where are the 18" wheels. I thought all SEL's were shipped with them.

Could this be an SEi or SR with a few upgrades?? I saw some SEi's similar to this when I was looking for my car.

The nav is a handy option . It may not be a cutting edge nav but its always done the biz for me. The facelift model (which this appears to be) nav allows full postcode entry too. If its a facelift it will be a HDD nav not on a DVD.

There should also be a useful addition of a  usb in the arm cubby, as well as the usual phono port and power socket.

Don't assume it has DAB though. They are std buttons on the facia..it would need the internal unit to actually have DAB radio. It may well have so check it.

Don't view it in the rain ... a wet surface can hind many sins.

2 minutes ago, normski2 said:

Good shout shaun ..it does indeed look like an F Sport ..... sporty pedals.

Steering wheel has the F badge and there are two badges on the front wings - not sure if there should be one on the back also?

I am pretty sure the rear window blind was dropped from the F Sport - I quite like this feature as it stops you getting dazzled a bit at night by headlights behind you.

It also has an outstanding recall - no big deal but a bit of hassle organising it if your not next to a dealer

I don't think that car is a SE-L. Only The SE-L had Yamaha's high gloss wood ( and it is real wood) panels in the doors and centre consol and the rear electric operated sun blind.

paul m.

Got my 250 SEL about 18 months ago for 7k. Had 32k on the clock with a full Lexus history and had been serviced every 3 to 4 thousand miles. It's also got the sat nav upgrade.

It wasn't the colour I really wanted or the interior colour but I went for the best car I could find. It's had a new water pump since I've had it but I will look after the majority of the servicing from now on. Quite easy to work on.

Been able to do some work on the body to bring it up to how I wanted it and apart from the water pump it's been lovely. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the wood interior so will shortly be changing that. I've changed the bulbs in the fog lights to LED's and now use those as driving lights.

I had to wait a few months for the car to come up for sale then just went out and brought it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information lads. The car is an F Sport it’s over my budget but I thought it’s not listed yet so maybe worth putting on here. It’s in Fords of Winsford. The photos are not yet on the site. I just enquired about it. 

The colour is certainly different and I do like the interior. I think I’m best holding out for an SE-L.

Ive bookmarked that low mileage one that’s £10k in case it drops. I’ve noticed the one in Newcastle keeps dropping. Bearing in mind he wanted £7k originally. I’m also keeping an eye on the one in Leicester. 

But it’s a waiting game and the right one will come up. I’m in no rush. Appreciate all the help and advice from you all. 

1 hour ago, KenMavor said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-is250-fsport-very-good-condition-and-genuine-low-mileage/1287381103

Unsure where you are located......maybe worth a look and pretty sure you could get it down in price.

Thank looks lovely that F Sport, maybe a little far, but I will add it to the list.

I have found this: https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/2007-lexus-is-250-se-l-53k-/1288507605 Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, rdb85 said:

Thank looks lovely that F Sport, maybe a little far, but I will add it to the list.

I have found this: https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/2007-lexus-is-250-se-l-53k-/1288507605 Any thoughts?

Looks nice.  Front brakes (due to failed MOT) and rear exhaust already done.  Worth asking if it was a stainless steel or normal exhaust put on it and what sort of warranty and by whom.  There are some patterned exhausts out there that are rubbish.  MOT history looks good.

Worth a look at.  Check the usual.....tyres, rear brake pads etc.  Also, see if you can give the garage a call - get the phone number off the picture of the service stamps and ask them how the car is.  Spark plugs due a change at 60k or so..factor that into the price as well.  In fact ask the garage how much to replace them as others have said it's a biggish job.

That 250 K50 SLB is showing an outstanding recall notice. This could be the passenger airbag recall but it could also be the fuel seal recall as well because the service history shows that Lexus dealer was used for the early years only and if the recall was after these then it may not have been done. The reason I mention this is because if the fuel seal does need doing then that job exposes all the spark plugs and if you were to have them fitted at the same time the cost is going to be minimal.

paul m.

9 minutes ago, Texas said:

That 250 K50 SLB is showing an outstanding recall notice. This could be the passenger airbag recall but it could also be the fuel seal recall as well because the service history shows that Lexus dealer was used for the early years only and if the recall was after these then it may not have been done. The reason I mention this is because if the fuel seal does need doing then that job exposes all the spark plugs and if you were to have them fitted at the same time the cost is going to be minimal.

paul m.

Thanks, Paul, I may go back to the seller and ask them about it. They have said they are not moving on the price. I like the F Sport, but he has already said someone is coming to collect it on Saturday. No surprise as its lovely. 

I would'nt expect anyone to think about moving on the price over the phone say! After you have been there, stood in front of it, drove it and  shown that you are a contender then things might be a bit different.

paul m.

3 minutes ago, Texas said:

I would'nt expect anyone to think about moving on the price over the phone say! After you have been there, stood in front of it, drove it and  shown that you are a contender then things might be a bit different.

paul m.

That's true, I just emailed him and asked if there was any movement on the price. It's worth asking, I think if they are open to sensible offers. It's the right car, and interior. I will add it to my list to go and see on the weekend. I will also ask him about the issue you guys have raised. What do you use to check the cars past?

So emailed the guy about the Silver SE-L:

The new exhaust was fitted last year. It is not a Lexus unit it is a decent quality steel aftermarket system. 12-month guarantee - expires April ish.

Recall - passenger airbag had the letter from Lexus. Just needs taking into to Lexus.

Brakes - new discs and pads fitted Sept 17

Spark plugs - not been done. Advice is 60k miles.

1 hour ago, rdb85 said:

That's true, I just emailed him and asked if there was any movement on the price. It's worth asking, I think if they are open to sensible offers. It's the right car, and interior. I will add it to my list to go and see on the weekend. I will also ask him about the issue you guys have raised. What do you use to check the cars past?

You have to give the seller reasons for reducing..tyres all in good nick?  Spark plugs done.  Etc. 

To be honest I have never used any of those services Hpi etc. But I guess I've been lucky with my purchases so ask yourself " do you feel lucky?" :winkiss:

paul m.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links