Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plumbing ?

DaveEllen

Hi

tap was not dripping more like running..............

despite turning the water off at the mains and no water coming from any other tap in the housew...................the hot one kept dripping...........think theres a ghost.......

mr fed up

I know you dont need 2 :P

Yup.............

Mrs E is jumping on my head.......................problems @ work..................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You know one ?

Pete........U have PM

Latest update..........stopcock is bust as even when turned off after a while water still drips out of the tap..........

Anyway dobedo is popping round later to see if some of his red samco hosing will do the trick :whistling:

to round off a perfect 24 hours...........charlie the avater dog got caught short with the runs in the dining room :shutit:

found a enorous stone chip on the bonnet of the lex :ph34r:

All sorted thanks to dobedo............

called round at 4pm.............left at 7pm

new tap fitted and stop ***** loosened.....

LOC's official master plumber !

No leaks and 25 year warranty !!

Many thanks to barry and everyone else who posted...........

Sorted your problem yet, if not you have two options. I no you have said their are no valves in your airing cupboard, the pipe you are looking to isolate is a 22mm copper pipe which connects up to the very bottom of the cylinder, the correct valve usually fitted on this pipe would be a gate vale, this is a valve with a red wheel head. If this valve is not present you need to tie up the ballvalve in the storage tank. If you have a conventional system you will have 2 tanks up in the attic, you need to tie up the ballvalve in the bigger tank. If you have a combined cylinder, this is a cylinder with a storage area at the bottom and a header tank incoperated into the top, tie up the ballvalve in the top of the cylinder. Now you need to isolate the main. This is normally around the front door, under the stairs or some where in the kitchen, worst case turn it off out in the street. the hot tap will run untill the storage tank is drained. As you have the storage tank drained and the cold water off i would advise fitting a gate valve to the pipe i first mentioned. any future proplems and the hot water can be turned off immedietaly. good luck. P.S. Open all hot taps or when you take your kitchen tap apart even when drained you will get spurts of water coming through which would have been previously airlocked.

Good Luck.

All sorted thanks to dobedo............

called round at 4pm.............left at 7pm

new tap fitted and stop ***** loosened.....

LOC's official master plumber !

No leaks and 25 year warranty !!

Many thanks to barry and everyone else who posted...........

no probs dave

glad to be able to help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links