Anyone know of where to source other than Lexus directly.  Bank 2 sensors and Cat are not working according to error codes I have checked myself and had confirmed by local garage also.  Lexus want over £1000!  I have 2005 GS300 with 107k so  £1k for one converter  for car of that age and mileage is daft.  

I had a full system SS replacement done a few years ago by Tony Banks: https://www.tonybanks.co.uk/ for a fair bit les than a grand.

About 800.00 squidaroonies iirc. Life time transferable guarantee to boot. He has a very good rep. I found out about via the MB Club.

hth.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IanA2 said:

I had a full system SS replacement done a few years ago by Tony Banks: https://www.tonybanks.co.uk/ for a fair bit les than a grand.

About 800.00 squidaroonies iirc. Life time transferable guarantee to boot. He has a very good rep. I found out about via the MB Club.

hth.

This. Also used Tony. Top chap and always has a Lexus in getting some work down so is very experienced :thumbsup:

I really wouldn't bother. Mine does this and it still passes the MOT fine, the tester just turns the light off and emissions wise it is fine. If it starts to fail emissions tests you might have to get it changed. Just live with the light being on is my advice. 

5 hours ago, Nails said:

I really wouldn't bother. Mine does this and it still passes the MOT fine, the tester just turns the light off and emissions wise it is fine. If it starts to fail emissions tests you might have to get it changed. Just live with the light being on is my advice. 

A warning light is now an automatic failure under the new MOT test procedure. Even taking the bulb out if it is a compulsory requirement will still fail. The tester should turn on the ignition, and watch for all the lights to come on, and go out one by one.

John.