Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hood Struts

SteveAudioX

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K

I ordered them from Fig's who is a blinding fellor to deal with on the IS300.net forums.

I ordered 2 kits and took the chance with the struts because of shipping etc...

$150 US per kit

$36 US for shipping of both kits, took 10 or so days to arrive

£24.74 DUTY for both kits.

With the US exchange rate of £1 to $1.82 I think when I ordered the kit..

Each kit therefore cost me

£105 there abouts... but well worht it considering the props alone could cost between £40-£80 each here in the U.K

Fig's does do a kit for a lighter weight bonnet.

After fitment the bonnet lifts up slightly higher then when using the Prop bar.

Prop bar is still in place, need some feedback on what to do with it at Gaydon.

As to why I ordered 2 kits... Well someone else wanted one too ... DUH :unsure:

Steve - if you do go for the chrome struts can I have first refusal on the black ones - then I can just get the brackets shipped ... :P

Streve if the struts are working o.k then why not ditch the original prop bar ;)

I can Pete.. But would have to leave the bracket in place or the bonnet inside wadding might fall off....

If I go for the Polished Struts... You sure can have the black ones... BUT I risked having them shipped over for the sake of $50 as the bracket kit without the struts were $100.

Fig's mentioned the shipment was not in an air tight container and the struts could leak. I have found mine were O.K and I think it was safe to say that it was worth taking the risk as I know the struts are pricy here in the U.K

Look them up in RS components you'll see.

O.K

I ordered them from Fig's who is a blinding fellor to deal with on the IS300.net forums.

I ordered 2 kits and took the chance with the struts because of shipping etc...

$150 US per kit

$36 US for shipping of both kits, took 10 or so days to arrive

£24.74 DUTY for both kits.

With the US exchange rate of £1 to $1.82 I think when I ordered the kit..

Each kit therefore cost me

£105 there abouts... but well worht it considering the props alone could cost between £40-£80 each here in the U.K

so how much is a set struts cost Steve? and can i get them in Chrome, they from UK i guess?

Streve if the struts are working o.k then why not ditch the original prop bar ;)

I can Pete.. But would have to leave the bracket in place or the bonnet inside wadding might fall off....

Surely it can be removed and put one of those plastic plugs in that hold up the shield to the bonnet ;)

Chrome/polished ones Maz are about £90 per pair ! oach..

Might look at other routes. As I have the specs I require.

The VW ones might even work... Srcap yard challenge..

I would like to get it in Chrome for sure, will have a chat with you at Gaydon Steve...thank matey... :) :) :) :) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links