Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation on IS300h - speed limit notifications are missing

Hello there, I come here to ask you owners of Lexus IS300h. I have this car for few weeks now. Currently I'm dealing with the features of navigation. Car is year 2018 and with RSA. I have a navigation version from 2017 installed in the car. I'm unable to persuade navigation to show me the speed limit for certain road in the form of a small traffic sign on the navigation display.

I read the manual and there it say that this is only possible without RSA (Road Sign Assist). I have the car with this feature but this. I do not like RSA so much as it is not so precise. I disabled RSA in the settings. But still nothing comes up on the navigation so that I can see the real speed limit that is defined by the map. Also in the settings for Navigation I'm unable to find any option to enable "Show Speed limit info" as defined in the manual? Where is it hiding?

Does that means that cars with RSA feature does not have a chance to display a speed limit on the navigation display of the map?

Thank you kindly for your answers and help.

7 hours ago, delfinus said:

Hello there, I come here to ask you owners of Lexus IS300h. I have this car for few weeks now. Currently I'm dealing with the features of navigation. Car is year 2018 and with RSA. I have a navigation version from 2017 installed in the car. I'm unable to persuade navigation to show me the speed limit for certain road in the form of a small traffic sign on the navigation display.

I read the manual and there it say that this is only possible without RSA (Road Sign Assist). I have the car with this feature but this. I do not like RSA so much as it is not so precise. I disabled RSA in the settings. But still nothing comes up on the navigation so that I can see the real speed limit that is defined by the map. Also in the settings for Navigation I'm unable to find any option to enable "Show Speed limit info" as defined in the manual? Where is it hiding?

Does that means that cars with RSA feature does not have a chance to display a speed limit on the navigation display of the map?

Thank you kindly for your answers and help.

I have RSA and speed limit display on standard nav in a 2017 IS300h, not sure if disabling one disables the other, will have a look

Derant, are you able to see which version of navigation software you have? And also what settings you have under the MENU \ Setup \ Navigation. Do you have a "Show speed limit info"? I miss this option from the menu so I'm unable to turn it on. Nothing helps either RSA enabled or disabled.

Another thing that I'm miss is also to see how much time is there to the destination or time of arrival to destination. All these features my simple Nokia phone navigation had already in 2008.

p.s. it seems there are others who have the same problem.

best, d.

On 8/21/2020 at 8:24 PM, delfinus said:

Derant, are you able to see which version of navigation software you have? And also what settings you have under the MENU \ Setup \ Navigation. Do you have a "Show speed limit info"? I miss this option from the menu so I'm unable to turn it on. Nothing helps either RSA enabled or disabled.

Another thing that I'm miss is also to see how much time is there to the destination or time of arrival to destination. All these features my simple Nokia phone navigation had already in 2008.

p.s. it seems there are others who have the same problem.

best, d.

Hi 

yes I do have the option in the navigation set up to turn speed limit info on and off, also turning RSA off has no effect on the speed limit information on the navigation system. My map version is 02-37-51-(2017-05-1) EU

I have the same map version as you. But no way I can get this feature to turn "speed limit info" on as it is absent from the menu. I will still play a bit with the settings of the navigation menu and try to select another country as a base and see.

thanks for your answer, best regards, D.

No way. I just sat in the car and had manual with me. I do not have an option in the Navigation settings to turn "Show speed limit info" to ON. This setting is just not there, white the others are.

speedlimit.jpg

I didn't know that it was possible to show the speed limit info on the sat nav map. This is something which I would love to have - my wife's Ioniq has it and it's a godsend. I just use Google Maps and the Radarbot app to keep me on the right side of the law.

Car is production date 2017 and first registration in 2018.

Map version is: 02-37-51-(2017-05-1) EU

Software (firmware) info is the following:

Model ID: 15LWENEU-BB01

Hard No.: 86130-53S13

Navigation: VC83102E

I guess "Show speed limit info" is somehow locked out of my settings.

I read that with map update you also are able to update firmware. But I do not have idea if this setting will come with it.

Best regards, D.

31 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I didn't know that it was possible to show the speed limit info on the sat nav map. This is something which I would love to have - my wife's Ioniq has it and it's a godsend. I just use Google Maps and the Radarbot app to keep me on the right side of the law.

As I see that you have more new version of IS300h, can I ask you kindly if you can explore if you have "Show speed limit info" under the Setup \ Navigation and if it is working for you?

Thanks for your feedback.

best, d.

No problem! I always feel faint after doing anything with the nav system in the car. "Intuitive" isn't a word I'd use to describe it. I could see no sign of "Show speed limit info". That's not to say it isn't there. It could be buried deep down somewhere I've not been yet...
1290010646_2020-08-2415_35_33.thumb.jpg.539c53b3f92c3d2997b0480f43bed380.jpg

357969104_2020-08-2415_35_40.thumb.jpg.9398feb164ea6830abe2e82d6b537634.jpg

They're the only settings I have I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Hi and thank you for providing also photos. This is exactly what I have too. Settings for speed limit is missing also in your case. My car is one year older than yours. I start to believe that Lexus disabled that feature for newer models of IS due to the RSA setting which can be contradictory what the "Speed limit information" provides. That also shows some short instruction on the Navigation manual page 81 where for Speed limit icon stands *2 stating the following - Without RSA (Road Sign Assist).

Anyway I find RSA feature quite unreliable as it does not know when the speed limit stops and another category starts. Also sometimes make some reading errors with traffic signs and I would definitely prefer info that is available directly from the map software.

best, D.

I find it unreliable too. There's a sign it always misses going from a 30 to a 60 so I get beeps all the way up the road. For unfamiliar places, I can't rely on it, so I'm going to stick with the phone apps.

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

What's annoying is that it is possible on the Toyota badged version of the system, my wife's Prius will display RSA info on the head-up display and dashboard and the normal road speed limit on the Nav screen at the same time but for some reason having the two together has been removed from the Lexus system 😞

I got an answer from Lexus representative. "Show speed limit info" is disabled for IS300h if they have RSA system present. But I guess that they disabled this in late 2017 as for some here, with cars within year 2017, this NAV speed limit info is still operational, even though they have RSA. I would say you are lucky :).

He also said that currently there is no trick to enable this. So only alternative is to use smartphone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links