Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service question

Apologies if this has been covered before. I'm due a service in December. The car has only done 9,300 miles in total and it had its 10k service before I picked it up last year at 7k-ish. It seems a bit excessive to shell out £520 for a 20k service but as the car is 20 months old, should I just bite the bullet and order some soothing spray for my wallet?

EDIT: meant to add, I was going to discuss the possibility of a "10k plus any important bits" option.

Usually with most cars, including Lexus, services are every 10k miles or every year... Whatever comes first.

You should be able to check in the owners manual or on the Lexus website.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Apologies if this has been covered before. I'm due a service in December. The car has only done 9,300 miles in total and it had its 10k service before I picked it up last year at 7k-ish. It seems a bit excessive to shell out £520 for a 20k service but as the car is 20 months old, should I just bite the bullet and order some soothing spray for my wallet?

EDIT: meant to add, I was going to discuss the possibility of a "10k plus any important bits" option.

I bit the bullet, so to speak James.I was able to buy into a 10 years Service Plan at £34 per month.Car has been serviced according to Schedule and it has not cost me a penny more. Worth considering ?

• Like 2

Same here.

I have opted for the service plan for all my Lexus.

Price is inflation proof, you get a handy discount (including on the cost of MOT) original parts are used, etc.
And because the plan is based on the number of miles you drive you don't pay more than you need to.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, DanD said:

Same here.

I have opted for the service plan for all my Lexus.

Price is inflation proof, you get a handy discount (including on the cost of MOT) original parts are used, etc.
And because the plan is based on the number of miles you drive you don't pay more than you need to.

Dan,Please explain 3rd sentence as my Plan is based upon time.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I bit the bullet, so to speak James.I was able to buy into a 10 years Service Plan at £34 per month.Car has been serviced according to Schedule and it has not cost me a penny more. Worth considering ?

Absolutely - I was expecting to be sold a service plan when I bought the car but it slipped through the net. I'll definitely mention it when I take it in. Thanks for the tip John - I thought that it was one of those things which had to be done at point of purchase. That would make everything much sweeter :-)

• Like 1

It's booked in - I did ask whether it needed a full monty of a service and was told that yes, because it's a year since the last service it needs doing despite having just been to the shops and back twice. I've got a courtesy car booked which is £10 more expensive than I'd thought, so I'm hoping it's going to be an LS. Service Plan will be discussed while I'm there and I'm looking forward to several of their fab cups of coffee to help offset the wallet upsetting £549 (including car and CDW) it's going to cost. I will be annoyed if it's not washed...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mincey said:

It's booked in - I did ask whether it needed a full monty of a service and was told that yes, because it's a year since the last service it needs doing despite having just been to the shops and back twice. I've got a courtesy car booked which is £10 more expensive than I'd thought, so I'm hoping it's going to be an LS. Service Plan will be discussed while I'm there and I'm looking forward to several of their fab cups of coffee to help offset the wallet upsetting £549 (including car and CDW) it's going to cost. I will be annoyed if it's not washed...

Good luck James.

Which Dealership is it?

My (Chester) Dealership is not part of any Group and gives me a free loan car and free insurance and the car is returned to me in pristine condition. They will also collect mine from home and return it to me free of charge.. All are different.

• Like 2

It's Leicester which is part of Inchscape. They do provide a collection service but I'm extremely particular about who I let thrash the nuts off my car :-) I guess I should lighten up, but if I get the chance to drive a non-IS model to Peterborough and back it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mincey said:

It's Leicester which is part of Inchscape. They do provide a collection service but I'm extremely particular about who I let thrash the nuts off my car 🙂 I guess I should lighten up, but if I get the chance to drive a non-IS model to Peterborough and back it'll be worth it.

My money is on you being allocated a bottom of the range CT (LOL_

15 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Ask for an LC 500 😀

There was a black one there when I picked my IS up. Surely they won't mind me having that for the day....?

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

There was a black one there when I picked my IS up. Surely they won't mind me having that for the day....?

😀 Sounds entirely reasonable to me! I’d also ask for a free tankful of fuel and no mileage limit for the day. I’d probably take the day off work and break the no unnecessary journeys rule too!

• Haha 1

Mine’s in for a service later in November with a courtesy car so I’ll also be interested to see what I will get. Which reminds me that I need to check the dealership is still open during lockdown 😀

2 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Mine’s in for a service later in November with a courtesy car so I’ll also be interested to see what I will get. Which reminds me that I need to check the dealership is still open during lockdown 😀

Chester sent me an email and accompanying video, explaining all yesterday Paul.

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Chester sent me an email and accompanying video, explaining all yesterday Paul.

Good service that. I haven’t received anything from Cheltenham yet.

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Cheltenham have had some ups and downs recently as you might have seen.

Keep us posted please Paul.

Will do John. I’ve sensed a reduction in their levels of service in the last two years. Not helped by me buying a brand new IS from them in Jan 2019 that had poor wheel alignment on delivery. It wandered all over the road and an IS just doesn’t do this, they are normally so stable. It was resolved but it leaves a bad taste. The parking is getting to be a bit of a joke there too. They haven’t always been up front and honest about service pricing with me too. Apart from this, ok..... 😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you'll all be interested to hear that I received an email yesterday from Leicester offering me a 20% discount on a service and MOT. Now the MOT I can easily do without but 20% off a service sounds rather lovely. I will enquire as to whether this applies to currently booked services, and if not, I'll cancel and rebook my forthcoming 20k service (still haven't gone over 10k...). I wonder at which point I should enquire about the LOC discount....? 😉

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I'm sure you'll all be interested to hear that I received an email yesterday from Leicester offering me a 20% discount on a service and MOT. Now the MOT I can easily do without but 20% off a service sounds rather lovely. I will enquire as to whether this applies to currently booked services, and if not, I'll cancel and rebook my forthcoming 20k service (still haven't gone over 10k...). I wonder at which point I should enquire about the LOC discount....? 😉

Which Service James--full or intermediate or Essential Service ?

Does the discount apply to Parts and Labour and VAT?

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Service James--full or intermediate or Essential Service ?

Does the discount apply to Parts and Labour and VAT?

It's a full service John. Here's the message:

image.thumb.png.fe98d49ccb316b9a0341b2e4200adaf1.png

and the "*" refers to:
image.thumb.png.0c3ed779dd3c5a55ccbe446ef5053b30.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links