Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tentative IS Enquiry

So with the IS's demise, despite the fact I've only had my CT for 8 month's, I tentatively asked Lexus Leicester if they could still get IS (and if they might be discounted as discontinued - have to be cheeky!!)

They say they can't but have some great offers on UX !!

Therefore I've done a Carwow enquiry and now the offers are trickling in. All farily similar by the looks of it so far. Waiting to the first one to come back to me with a proper offer.

Just wondering if anyone has had any success recently about bagging a bargain....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beduffshirl said:

Just wondering if anyone has had any success recently about bagging a bargain....

I would expect so... especially on RCs, I think it is too late for GS'es and when it comes to IS'es  - there are plenty of them left, but they generally tend to be pretty basic spec. So the problem is that you will have to accept whatever remains in the country and that could be very lucky day or very sad one.

Where you can get best deal are very late (2019) cars, "technically" used but maybe with under 10k miles... those will have bottom prices and may genuinely be "good deal".

When it comes to truly brand new cars one needs to appreciate that no matter how good deal they get, they will have to swallow the highest possible depreciation on the car as "nobody" will want them as PX or to buy in next couple of years.

• Like 1

Check out the configurator for a new IS on lexus.co.uk and it's like a token gesture now... Only the base model, or F-Sport are available and there are barely any colour choices or options.

If you want a brand-new blue or red car, for example, you've had it. That ship has sailed, it would appear.

2 hours ago, Beduffshirl said:

So with the IS's demise, despite the fact I've only had my CT for 8 month's, I tentatively asked Lexus Leicester if they could still get IS (and if they might be discounted as discontinued - have to be cheeky!!)

They say they can't but have some great offers on UX !!

Therefore I've done a Carwow enquiry and now the offers are trickling in. All farily similar by the looks of it so far. Waiting to the first one to come back to me with a proper offer.

My dealer contacted me to say they had some good deals. I asked them to quote me a good deal and I’d consider it. Never heard back from them.

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

That ship has sailed, it would appear.

I been in few dealerships lately and most of IS'es are either white or black, entry level cars with minimal options, black interiors. Feels like they had them just to hold the place in showroom.

There must be few F-Sport floating around as those tends to be popular as well... But if you specifically wanted orange IS with cream interior and Takumi pack - too late!

9 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

And the name of the Dealer is..............................................?

My local one 😀 

I’m up late tonight watching the US election coverage given I’ve got the day off tomorrow 😀😀

17 hours ago, paulrnx said:

My dealer contacted me to say they had some good deals. I asked them to quote me a good deal and I’d consider it. Never heard back from them.

Actually, my dealer (Woodford) did the similar thing when I enquired about RC-F/LC... probably they decided that I am not serious enough buyer 😁 This was ~February, so may be covid related.

Actually, I didn't even enquire, but rather they called me and invited me to their 2019MY sales event, as part of invitation they asked what model I am interested in and I said RC-F or LC... all good so far.. nice lady called me back and asked when I am available and I think we agreed like Saturday 14:00 and she said she will arrange both cars for test drive.

On the day - I arrived and it is just like normal day, no signs of event... My first thought was "where are my canapes and my champagne?!". Either way they had no clue why I came and just random sales person got to me, we discussed what I am interested in and he said that they don't have either car for sale or to test drive. RC-F just outside was already sold. Eventually, dealership VP came around in his LC so they "borrowed it" and let me try that. Then they checked the stock and they had only 3 LCs neither of them good deals - Black/White £72k, Yellow/Black £68k and Red/Black £66k. He ignored the RC-F enquiry altogether... 

Then they said they will call me if anything more interesting comes about (Black/Red in particular), but they never called me since February. I assume nothing "interesting" came about... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links