Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater and A/C

Geoff Whittaker

Just picked up a 2015 Lexus IS 300h which is my first Lexus and was wondering if anyone has advice on operating the heater system.  Do I have to have the air-conditioning set to Auto to get the heater to warm? I have tried it without the Auto and heater just stays cold.  Other cars I have had have not had to have the A/C to heat up the car.  I am not sure if I missing something simple so if anyone could help I would be grateful.

Hello Geoff and welcome to the L.O.C.

You have a really nice car and we would like to see some Piccies and for you to tell us why you chose Lexus, when convenient to you..

Did you buy it from a Dealer or was it a private purchase ?Always read the Handbook before asking questions as it often provides immediate answers.

I leave my air con on all of the time and merely adjust the temperature to what I want e.g 17 in Summer and 22/23 in Winter.

IS Owners will be along shortly to give you the benefit of their experiences.

Thanks for the reply John, I suspected it may have to be left on to get the heater to warm up, but it seemed strange as every other car I have owned did not require you to do this. The answer to your question I bought it from a dealer and wanted to go hybrid but also wanted a quality car.  I have read many reviews on hybrids and Lexus always came near the top for build, economy and quality.

06F4B7F0-E39C-4B02-8A3D-E55D245D17D5_1_201_a.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Geoff Whittaker said:

I suspected it may have to be left on to get the heater to warm up,

No, it doesn't need to be left on but in reality there's not much point in turning it off either because the car is equipped with climate control, not 'just' aircon.

Simply set the temperature you want the cabin to be and the system will mix hot and cold conditioned air to achieve it for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geoff Whittaker said:

Thanks for the reply John, I suspected it may have to be left on to get the heater to warm up, but it seemed strange as every other car I have owned did not require you to do this. The answer to your question I bought it from a dealer and wanted to go hybrid but also wanted a quality car.  I have read many reviews on hybrids and Lexus always came near the top for build, economy and quality.

06F4B7F0-E39C-4B02-8A3D-E55D245D17D5_1_201_a.jpeg

Lovely looking car Geoff.

Good to hear that you bought from a Dealer as if the problem persists, then ask the DEALER TO FIX IT AT HIS COST  as he has Statutory Responsibilities for 6 months from the date you bought it.

Probably it is only a matter of settings. In RX at least it is so, you can decide wheter having AC with warming or only warming.

Give a look here:

Lexus Personalized Settings Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be programmed to your preferences. Programming of these features is performed once at no charge by your Lexus Dealer provided you obtain the service at the 6-month/5,000-mile scheduled maintenance service. It is also possible to customize certain vehicle features yourself using the navigation system screen.

12. Auto A/C Mode When Auto A/C is selected: □ It will automatically engage the air conditioner compressor to reach the set temperature (Standard) = On □ It will automatically achieve a set temperature, warm or cool, without engaging the air conditioner compressor* = Off *The AC compressor will be engaged when the Auto AC button is pressed a second time

MY16-Lexus-RX-450h-with-Navigation-Display.pdf

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links