Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rusty Wheel Nuts....

PGL

When car was in for it's service, a few months ago, photos of rusty wheel nuts were taken by guy from service whom I dealt with, to request replacements under warranty. A few days later the receptionist rang asking if everything had been OK during service, I mentioned about the wheel nuts, she said she would check with service department. Strangely rusty wheel nuts were replaced under warranty on previous CT without issue.

Oddly nothing more heard four months later, so contacted dealer to ask why. Reply was from service manager that he knew nothing about this. Strange actions from a Lexus Dealership. I was requested to look and see how many were rusty as only these would be replaced. Still awaiting any further contact.

Has anyone else experienced, recently, any problems with rusty wheel nuts being replaced or anything else under warranty?

Concerned at the deteriorating service being received by both local Lexus dealers since experiencing unresolved problem with car.

My lockers were going rusty and some of the other looked a bit battered from wheel on and off removal'

I never thought about warranty just got a full set off eBay for around £38. The lockers are a better design and less likely to rust than the OE Lexus ones I think

As the following promises, what appears to be very high standards for customer, in the CT brochure, although a minor wheel nut issue, does not meet these standards. 

'....Throughout your vehicle’s life, we’ll endeavour to ensure an amazing ownership experience, offering unequalled service and seamless maintenance work, all orchestrated to provide complete satisfaction and total piece of mind. When you visit our showrooms, we strive to anticipate your every need … Lexus technicians will work with precision and efficiency…

We treat every customer as if they were guests in our own home. The answer lies in our Japanese heritage and one word ‘Omotenashi’ translates as ‘hospitality and polite service’. However Omotenashi is much more than excellence of service, it is an ancient Japanese concept that describes one’s ability to anticipate the needs of another, even before they arise. Omotenashi is a way of life and thinking for every single Lexus employee.'

In all fairness, I think there are very few items that would get more wear and tear than a car wheel nut. Especially when looking at how some tyre places torque up there ratchet guns, I always check and adjust my wheel nuts with a torque wrench after any service work etc. Nice to know that my current Lexus dealer always returns the car to me correctly torqued.

• Like 1

OK I hear what you say but...

Why take photographs of rusty wheel nuts, inform customer will be in touch and then not record it on system or follow up when advised?

The wheels have never been taken off this vehicle, to my knowledge, vehicle went into dealer for first service..

35 minutes ago, PGL said:

OK I hear what you say but...

Why take photographs of rusty wheel nuts, inform customer will be in touch and then not record it on system or follow up when advised?

The wheels have never been taken off this vehicle, to my knowledge, vehicle went into dealer for first service..

Sorry I didn't realise it was the first service, The lock nut design is crap, even so they should have changed them as a good will gesture I am sure my service dept would have done.

The downside being the replacements if OE will be just as prone to rust, the ordinary wheel nuts are a decent standard though so I would just get 4 lockers off eBay.

I got these much better looking ones IMO match the non lockers better  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-ALLOY-WHEEL-LOCKING-NUTS-FOR-LEXUS-CT200H-CHROME-SECURITY-STUD-LUG-BOLT-0Lb/323686436453?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item4b5d370e65:g:X9QAAOSwddpcXb4D

On 11/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, Poundy said:

Sorry I didn't realise it was the first service, The lock nut design is crap, even so they should have changed them as a good will gesture I am sure my service dept would have done.

It is the wheel nuts that were due to be replaced because 13 of them are rusty.

Yeah the locking wheel nuts are all rusty, but apparently these are not replaceable, under what I stated above.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links