Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre pressure indicator

I had the tyre pressure light come up on my dash today.  I scrolled through all the menu options on the multi function display, but cannot find the pressure for each tyre.  How do I access this to find out what tyre is causing the issue? -- They all look fine.  I have inflated them all to 31PSI and reset the indicator in settings, so far so good.

The light was actually on in the photos the dealership sent me before i bought the car, it was off when I went to collect it - I do hope it is not a slow puncture. 

Cheers.

Hi Tom.

@NemesisUK is correct - the NX will not tell which tyre has the low pressure - just that it is low.

I have invested in an OBD device (in my case a Carista one) and installed a smartphone app called Tire Assistant. The app connects to the OBD device via Bluetooth and can then give you the pressure readings for each tyre. The only downside is that it doesn't tell you by default which tyre is on which corner of the car but with a bit of initial fiddling about (i.e. by slightly over-inflating each tyre in turn and checking the reading) you can ascertain this and save it in the App permanently (don't forget to return the tyres back to their correct pressure afterwards).

More information can be found at this topic (thanks to @Thackeray for this):-

Hope this helps.

Nice one @Andy B and a great post by @NemesisUK

I have a Carista, so if the light comes on again i'll give this solution a go.  How annoying to not be able to access the data on the dash!  Makes diagnostics for anyone without these tools almost impossible. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links