Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth FM transmitter (12V) suggestions

If anyone is looking for a "clean" option and fancy taking the satnav off to install this, I highly recommend it! Had a bluetooth adapter previously but wasn't satisfied with the bass so went for this option. Just be careful when removing the sat nav when doing this as the dash right above the vents can easily be damaged. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JN9MD28/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not sure if I've asked you this already but did it plug straight into an empty socket or did you have to use a Y splitter. 

My Bluetooth adapter works flawlessly. Bass is as ML reproduces it and all other frequencies too.

Does the choice of Adaptor affect the quality of sound through say the ML system, the device I've chosen is ok but I'm not impressed with its bass performance , even compared with my Prius which has a JBL based audio system it sounds lacking, I need more!? 

14 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Not sure if I've asked you this already but did it plug straight into an empty socket or did you have to use a Y splitter. 

My Bluetooth adapter works flawlessly. Bass is as ML reproduces it and all other frequencies too.

no Y splitter needed - there's an empty 6 pin slot on the bottom right side (as you face the screen) of the sat nav which is read as an additional cd/dvd mag  

On 2/12/2021 at 6:34 PM, ahmed-abrar said:

Anker is a very reliable brand, didn't know they made this type of device. would like to know how it performs, not totally happy with the performance of my device of choice, not loud  enough

It does very well but as with all things audio it is the source file that is the key area.  If the source file is of bad quality and/or it's recorded level is too low in it;s original state then trying to get a louder sound will undoubtedly lead to lower quality.  It's a pain that these days there are still recordings that are leveled far to low so when you want a thumping bass there is a lot of other noise to deal with.  The Anker is of good quality and using the aux connector gives good transfer of the signal.  I had to fit an inline noise suppressor as the car, IS250, was playing it's own tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenMavor said:

It does very well but as with all things audio it is the source file that is the key area.  If the source file is of bad quality and/or it's recorded level is too low in it;s original state then trying to get a louder sound will undoubtedly lead to lower quality.  It's a pain that these days there are still recordings that are leveled far to low so when you want a thumping bass there is a lot of other noise to deal with.  The Anker is of good quality and using the aux connector gives good transfer of the signal.  I had to fit an inline noise suppressor as the car, IS250, was playing it's own tune.

I've ordered one from amazon made by AUKEY as they don't list one by Anker( even official website does not list one!?) Will try it out in comparison with the the current device & report on how it does or not improve things

Very well stated Ken. Yes the source of the music dictated eventual sound quality. Personally I only listen to either Spotify where in its settings I have it on best quality and via the BBC stream app I listen to Radio 1 drum and bass show. Also some very well recorded classical music, toccata and fugue in C minor is outstanding. Plus the music in my veins Metal. 

• 2 weeks later...

If your car has AUX then just spend money on the £20 wirelesss Bluetooth device from Anker. Use this in the Lexus myself.

You might need some sort of audio boost depending on which file or source your playing from. Usually an app can help this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links