Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Recommendations for IS250 2007 Petrol

I just like driving 🙂

As for going to work it was something like 19 miles each way, but I would drive to work in London (which is unusual). Some miles on weekend and that makes ~250miles a week. But then in Summer I would often drive to sea side which from London is 200-300 miles round trip depending on where I was going. I liked road tripping in UK as well, Scotland, Cornwall ... so my average year would be ~14k miles in UK.

On top of that I would go driving to Europe, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Eastern Europe by car. So add another 3-4k miles a year.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I just like driving 🙂

As for going to work it was something like 19 miles each way, but I would drive to work in London (which is unusual). Some miles on weekend and that makes ~250miles a week. But then in Summer I would often drive to sea side which from London is 200-300 miles round trip depending on where I was going. I liked road tripping in UK as well, Scotland, Cornwall ... so my average year would be ~14k miles in UK.

On top of that I would go driving to Europe, Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Eastern Europe by car. So add another 3-4k miles a year.  

Proper traveller. That's the plan I want to travel around I got sick of the manual. Now I have to clean this car regularly as I didn't really clean the other one. Another topic in itself LOL which method of washing. Just wondering if I should get a new set of leather mats as the current ones will always need a day of drying before they can be used again. The only reason I got the car was because it was cheap and I thought I will try it and see if I drive. I hope it last long cos the alternative was a leased car or a car which cost £7-13K but always thought of the all the problems these BMW's can give. I always liked the 320D for some reason very nice. Diesels can take a hammering.

• 11 months later...

standard 17 inch fitments on IS250 gen 2 is from knowledge. 225/45/17 on the front & 245/45/17 on the rear

two questions, 

why the mixed size on the axles? 

does that mean the alloy rims are of two different sizes also?

The wheels are the same width (8") front & rear.

As for the wider tyres on the rear. That's not uncommon on a RWD saloon with a reasonable amount of power.

Perhaps Lexus felt it was something that benefited the car during its development.

19 hours ago, J Henderson said:

The wheels are the same width (8") front & rear.

As for the wider tyres on the rear. That's not uncommon on a RWD saloon with a reasonable amount of power.

Perhaps Lexus felt it was something that benefited the car during its development.

Yeah... it is balanced for "safe" handling characteristics which is extremely annoying on the limit. Basically, 225 will lose grip before 245 does, so oversteering is less likely, instead car understeers into every corner. This is considered "safer" for unexperienced drivers. I tried moving this balance back towards neutral and car feels much better. This staggered set-up maybe makes sense on IS350, but on IS250 I would prefer to have square set-up. 

That's a very fair comment Linas and probably better for the car But never mind handling in the extreme, which most is250 owners never experience, don't you think having a 'square ' set up would change for the worse how the car looks as in stance?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links